Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....on Monday the 25th at 10am..Me and Jay(Real Street Performance) have played phone tag the past two days. Each time, it was my fault, i was either at school or away from my phone..lol I am super stoked but nervous as hell at the same time... Wish me luck guys, i hope this plan does NOT backfire in my face..:D

Will snap some pix of the install for the hell of it, he said he does not mind if i watch/take some shots for my forum. :nogrinner I know, i am sick.. hah

I can not wait to have it done and over with/broken in..

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rofl, wtf Garrett.. :gringreen

I must say, i can not wait.. I just realized, it is Memorial Day... I did not even realize that when i made the appointment, but he said that was fine and gave me a time.. So i take it they will be open? That is pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Congrats dude! :bigthumbsup Can't wait to hear how you like them.
Does this mean the blower is on hold, at least for now?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats dude! :bigthumbsup Can't wait to hear how you like them.
Does this mean the blower is on hold, at least for now?
Yeah blower is on hold for a long while, i am keeping my blower fund in tact.. End of the summer there is rumor that they are closing my dads shop he works at up, so we do not know where he will work/how much less he will make.. I am using a few of the dollars i have saved this past month or so for the gears.. I have not touched my blower fund for the reason above..

I think i may just hand that over to my parents, and start saving a lil for my next mods like LT Headers and Tokico Adjustable D-Specs.. Who knows, after this gear install- mods prob will stop for quite some time.. I need new tires, today leaving campus, i hop on the highway (it has been pouring rain for the past 4-5 days..) and well i was on the 408, speed limit is 55mph.. Since it was wet, i was doing 55mph.. Prob should have gone slower, but **** 55 seemed slow enough.. I was in the left lane, driving cautiously and it becoming a construction zone, they have all these barricades setup already.. and I did NOT hit a puddle of water, it looked like every other part of the highway.. I hydroplaned i was applying break pressure, turned the wheel to the right and the car was barreling forward.. I caught traction and misse the barricade by about 5-7 inches.. I was so scared, like wtf- i have hydroplaned on purpose, but i think i hit oil(obviously you don't see that kind of stuff).. Nothing i did was helping, but luckily i dodge the barricade and cement wall.. With that said i am going to the tire shop tomorrow to order 2 more tires..(front ones have 23,000 miles..)They are NOT the stock ones..

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks STL, i try.. Hmm, i can not wait for these damn gears.. What are your opinions on breaking in, i have read alot of our threads- but all have different opinions.. I talked to a guy that i met on a mustang cruise last year, i messaged him on the forum the other day and he had his 4.10s installed at the same shop.. No gear whine, no problems and it was a few years back.. He was charged the $250 for install, since he bought the parts through his shop.. He said he did a few heat cycles and that was it. Mentioned nothing about being easy for 500miles or keeping it under 65mph for the 500 miles.. I will ask my installer monday when he does them, but i am curious to see what everyone has done(those with success and no gear whine or problems)..

getting mine in thursday :bigthumbsup
Lucky! I wish i could speed up the time, i want to do them now.:gringreen

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
sorry to hijack,but do you have to change the fluid after 500 miles? what if you dont?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do not have to, but it is done for insurance purposes. From what i hear, it is incase the installer left any little shards of metal in the differential..

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Do not have to, but it is done for insurance purposes. From what i hear, it is incase the installer left any little shards of metal in the differential..
i better change it anyway just to be safe,thanks

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i better change it anyway just to be safe,thanks
Yeah, i am too. Plus when they pull off the cover they can make sure everything is settled right. I plan to follow these precautions to a T.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Thanks STL, i try.. Hmm, i can not wait for these damn gears.. What are your opinions on breaking in, i have read alot of our threads- but all have different opinions.. I talked to a guy that i met on a mustang cruise last year, i messaged him on the forum the other day and he had his 4.10s installed at the same shop.. No gear whine, no problems and it was a few years back.. He was charged the $250 for install, since he bought the parts through his shop.. He said he did a few heat cycles and that was it. Mentioned nothing about being easy for 500miles or keeping it under 65mph for the 500 miles.. I will ask my installer monday when he does them, but i am curious to see what everyone has done(those with success and no gear whine or problems)..

Lucky! I wish i could speed up the time, i want to do them now.:gringreen
Do at least 2 complete heat/cool cycles. 15 mins and cooldown and then 30 mins and cooldown. Try to keep under 65 for the first 500 miles and watch the hard launches.

sorry to hijack,but do you have to change the fluid after 500 miles? what if you dont?
You can if you want. I never have.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do at least 2 complete heat/cool cycles. 15 mins and cooldown and then 30 mins and cooldown. Try to keep under 65 for the first 500 miles and watch the hard launches.

You can if you want. I never have.
Sweet, i will do two-three complete heat cycles to be on the safe side. 65mph, for the first 500miles will be rough lol, i will do it- but i will not want to. I figure once i hit the 500mile mark, i am good to go and i will beat on her a bit, i wanna run her at the track- putting some DR's on her. Joey from our forums said he will go with me and let me slap on his 17in bullitts with DR's. =)

So wait, you never changed the rear end oil after the first 500miles? Oh sweet, i thought you did for some reason.

You say stay under 65mph, and watch for hard launches..

Does this count if i go from a small roll, and take it to redline? Should i wait for that till 500+ miles too?

It is funny, a friend has 4.10s in his dads 06 GT, and said there is no breakin period.. I found out from talking to him, he has gear whine.. He said there is nothing you can do.. LOL.. I wonder if that is because he beat on them right out of the shop?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Sweet, i will do two-three complete heat cycles to be on the safe side. 65mph, for the first 500miles will be rough lol, i will do it- but i will not want to. I figure once i hit the 500mile mark, i am good to go and i will beat on her a bit, i wanna run her at the track- putting some DR's on her. Joey from our forums said he will go with me and let me slap on his 17in bullitts with DR's. =)

So wait, you never changed the rear end oil after the first 500miles? Oh sweet, i thought you did for some reason.

You say stay under 65mph, and watch for hard launches..

Does this count if i go from a small roll, and take it to redline? Should i wait for that till 500+ miles too?

It is funny, a friend has 4.10s in his dads 06 GT, and said there is no breakin period.. I found out from talking to him, he has gear whine.. He said there is nothing you can do.. LOL.. I wonder if that is because he beat on them right out of the shop?
I don't think I ever changed it... After 6 gear installs I've kinda lost track.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't think I ever changed it... After 6 gear installs I've kinda lost track.
Very true, and you prob didn't keep each gear set in long enough to get to that 500mile period! :laugh: just playin'

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Funny guy! I'm pretty sure I broke at least 1K on all of them. :shigrin
;) I sure hope so, or it just does not seem to cost effective! How many miles are on your car anyways?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.