Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an FRPP CAI? I'm curious what the gains might be. Also noticed that they no longer advertise the Whipple supercharger on their site (used to be coming this summer). Does the CAI look like it's getting air from the wrong side?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
nonsensez9 said:
Has anyone installed an FRPP CAI? I'm curious what the gains might be. Also noticed that they no longer advertise the Whipple supercharger on their site (used to be coming this summer). Does the CAI look like it's getting air from the wrong side?
Prolly the same 15 RWHP most others give, I read somewhere it's built on the K&N design... I know the K&N unit is good...

There are 05s with the Whipple, maybe FR are not selling them after all?

No the CAI looks like all others getting air where the OM box used to be in the left front corner of the engine bay...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ordered that unit from CJ Pony Parts last Saturday morning, have not

received it yet.

·
Registered
333 Posts
there will be no Sc's from whipple going to ford.Ford is in process of looking for another supplier to get the kits from..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Best some of us can figure is that the Ford Racing CAI looks similar to and may possible be based on the S&B CAI. The clear plate over the filter looks to be an observation port that might be removable for use with a ram air hood.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have the Ford Racing CAI on order. I was told September 19th was the release date...?

·
Registered
314 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Does this "FRPP" cai need to be flashed or tuned?
I asked that question to several vendors and was told no reflash was necessary nor recommended. That's one of the reasons I went with Ford Racing's version.

·
Registered
255 Posts
kd05gt said:
I have the Ford Racing CAI on order. I was told September 19th was the release date...?
Keep us updated. I was just about to buy the K&N until I saw this one.
My info came from John Beakley Ford. They're just a FRPP dealer. They may have been "padding" the release date, just in case.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
steeda cai needs a tune et al … the frpp cai doesn't need a tune? Buy a tuner for $400? duped I say! duped again.

·
Registered
172 Posts
A buddy of mine (at a Ford dealer) has been tracking the FRPP CAI for me for a couple of months now. From what he tells me Motorsports hasn't been very forthcoming on providing information on when its gonna be released. Originally they were support to ship him a couple of them at the beginning of August. When they didn't meet that deadline it got pushed back to mid-August, then early September, etc.

I wish you luck on getting that order on or around the 19th. I'd love to see mine but I suspect, at this rate, that I'll see the CAI's being developed by AirAid and Mustang Racing Technologies first!

·
Registered
314 Posts
kd05gt said:
I ordered that unit from CJ Pony Parts last Saturday morning, have not

received it yet.
I was told today it's backordered until December 31st.:sadcry: :mad: :doh:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Where can I find more info on the S & B CAI ? My searches yield nothing.

Since it appears to be the same as Ford Racing's, I would like to check it out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ford Racing's CAI vs S & B CAI

martimus said:
I tried finding some useful information on this CAI but had little luck. I did, however, locate pictures of both the Ford Racing and S & B CAI's for reference.

Here's the Ford Racing CAI

Here's the S & B CAI
Since I could not get the Ford Racing version, I ordered the S & B from:
http://www.carshopinc.com/
today, and it was shipped out to me today. Appears to be identical to Ford Racing's CAI. I will post an update after installation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
This place has them also. http://www.marcymotorsport.com/html/mustang/2005-2006_mustang_induction.htm
Here's what they say about it.

2005 Mustang GT 4.6L

Air Flow: 54% less restrictive than stock
Filtration Efficiency: 99.34%
* ISO 5011 Test Result Summary. Testing was conducting based on the ISO 5011 Test Procedures

Dyno Results & Product Features
Dyno Results: Generates 17 added HP at 6,000 RPM.
Product Features: The S&B High Performance Intake Kit generates 54% more air flow than the stock setup resulting in an additional 17 HP at 6,000 RPM. The S&B kit generates this additional power without any additional tuning or programming changes. All this additional power and S&B still protects the engine by stopping 99.34% of the dirt.

·
Registered
172 Posts
This whole situation with Ford Racing and that CAI frustrated me to the point that I finally decided against getting one... I've since decided to invest in a MRT CAI. They're more expensive but I've read great things about the CAI and I like that the filter sits in a closed air box that gets its air directly from the wheel well. :worship

From talking to a buddy in the parts department at a local Ford dealership, I found out that the grief I've gone through trying to get Motorsports to ship one silly CAI to the dealer for me is pretty typical. :madas:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts