Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have them,could you tell me if there is any markings on the cams themselves to denote that they are the frpp cams.I have a local individual trying to sell some cams that were never installed,and just want to be sure they are the right cams.
Thanks in advance.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
For those that have them,could you tell me if there is any markings on the cams themselves to denote that they are the frpp cams.I have a local individual trying to sell some cams that were never installed,and just want to be sure they are the right cams.
Thanks in advance.
I don’t know the answer to that but if you are going to use those cams you want to make sure that your combo will support them (CAI, Long Tubes, Delete plates at least). They have healthy duration lots of overlap and a narrow LSA which will make them very rev happy. And if the person setting them up does not degree them they could easily make no gains. There is a long time the intake and exhaust valve are open at the same time. That can work, but if its timed wrong power goes I the toilet.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I had them in my NA 2007 Foose with a BBK CAI, UDP, BBK Shorty Headers and no delete plates. Dyno tune at 308 RWHP.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I had them in my NA 2007 Foose with a BBK CAI, UDP, BBK Shorty Headers and no delete plates. Dyno tune at 308 RWHP.
i would figure that car to make around 320rwhp atleast with that setup... what was your gain just from the cams? 308rwhp seems kinda low or am i wrong here:headscratch: I suppose it depends on what your baseline was...

i figured that setup you mentioned should make about 55-60 rwhp... so add that to roughly 265 rwhp to being with and you got 320-325 rwhp.... or 315 on the low end with an ultra conservative tune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.