Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that Borla makes the FRPP Stingers for Ford and pretty much the only difference is the what is printed on the exhaust tips (Ford Racing logo vs the Borla Logo). The Borla Stingers cost almost another $150 more than the FRPP version ($549 vs $395). Is the quality a little better and/or you get a better set of clamps/brackets with the Borla version. I was thinkg of getting Flowmaster ATs before for my 06 GT, but now I'm thinking about getting FRPP Stingers. I just what to make sure that the FRPP version isn't inferior to the actual Borla version. Thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I believe the Borlas have 4" tips vs the FRPPs 3.5". Also the FRPPs have "Ford Racing" on the muffler itself.

I have the FRPP stingers and love em.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
same thing :) diff name

tater potato

·
Registered
93 Posts
borlas vs stingers

yeah the borlas have the 4 inch rolled tips,i jus put the borlas on my 09 gt,,,got my borlas on sale at southern mustang parts on sale468.00 shipped ups free in 2 days,,,they are now 499.00 shows there website, i called my order in and they were very nice to deal with,,,sully,,,good luck,,,,,,,,:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
213 Posts
My FRPPs have 4" tips.

Maybe I need to go measure mine, but I've always heard they have 3.5".:headscratch:
Not that it really matters.

·
Registered
93 Posts
borlaas vs stingers

you can get 4 inch frpp, at an additonal cost,,ive seen that advertised,sully

·
Registered
93 Posts
borlaas vs stingers

yeah ive always seen where 3.5 was what you got, i could have swore that i seen someplace that offered 4 inch tip frpp for an additional cost,,,maybe i dreamt it,,lol...sully:happyhapp

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ford frpp stingers didnt come with any type of clamps. I tried the u-clamps as well as band clamps. Band clamps worked a bit better but there was a tiny tiny exhaust leak i had to tweak. The frpps are great and are exactly the same as borla stingers as well as the type borla makes marked steeda the only downside is frpp didnt have clamps.... easy fix not sure if borla or steeda have clamps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
borlas vs frpp

my borlas came with clamps,,,but my shop said they werent the greatest, they did lil welding to make sure it was sealed good,,,frpp a good choice,,,,,look at you tube, there are a lot of mustangs with them on it, you could listen to,sully:bigthumbsup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.