Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard allot about this frunt end popping noise. I took delevery on a 2005 GT around the biginning of April and haven't had a single problem with the car. I'd like to know a little bit more about this frunt end popping. My car does make a popping noise when turning a low speeds or even standing still. Sounds almost like a rubber spacer of something is binding. This noise is very faint though and it only happens when the car is hot. If you have the raido on or the blower on speed 2 and up you don't hear it. The build date was some time in the miiddle of March. Do I have the infamous "frunt end popping" issue? Is this thing pretty loud?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
pfiandra said:
I've heard allot about this frunt end popping noise. I took delevery on a 2005 GT around the biginning of April and haven't had a single problem with the car. I'd like to know a little bit more about this frunt end popping. My car does make a popping noise when turning a low speeds or even standing still. Sounds almost like a rubber spacer of something is binding. This noise is very faint though and it only happens when the car is hot. If you have the raido on or the blower on speed 2 and up you don't hear it. The build date was some time in the miiddle of March. Do I have the infamous "frunt end popping" issue? Is this thing pretty loud?
Hey pfiandra,
I've been waiting for parts for 8-9-10 weeks now, I forget. Mine was built 1st or 2nd week of March and the noise started like you described. So now order up the parts and join the front end pop club :D :eek: I'll have to find that old song "pop music" I hate that song.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have been waiting 5 weeks for the parts to come in. My GT was picked up March 28 and the popping started end of May. Popping is worst when making a slow hard left hand turn, like pulling into a parking spot.

·
Registered
63 Posts
loose stabilizers!

both l and r stabilizers on mine had loose top nuts!, just 5500 miles on her, was also off alignment 3/16" ford fixed it mon @ n/c

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dang it R3D! Now I'm gonna hafta go get that song! Saw those lyrics and it took me back...

·
Registered
38 Posts
zregime said:
Dang it R3D! Now I'm gonna hafta go get that song! Saw those lyrics and it took me back...
An extra 5 points if you can name that group! :grinroll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is in now for TSB05-9-11 which addresses the front end poppine noise. Seven different parts needed. It took 4 weeks to get parts in, at least they arrived.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I finally got this TSB work done!

Regarding the TSB that addresses the front end popping noise, I ordered my parts back in mid-April. After some mis-ordering (by my dealer), and several backorders, the work was finally completed this past Monday (7/25); almost (3) months later. The popping is gone!

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, order your parts now and do the waiting routine because Ford is really behind the ball on this one with regard to having enough parts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
?

I am going in to order a GT on Saturday, is this problem corrected at the production facility? :happyhapp :naughty :rollgrin: :cool: :kooky:

Should I go ahead and have the dealer order the parts now? :rolleyes: :dunce: :cool:

Hate to trade in a reliable car for a shop dweller, but I REALLY LIKE EM!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
wow 8 weeks im hearing?? i just picked up my car after less than a week for the gas tank and the front end. Left the car for inspection, got a call next day that parts are on the way and bam it was ready. So far so good, im just amazed at how long it is taking you people to get this fixed...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Packoo said:
I am going in to order a GT on Saturday, is this problem corrected at the production facility? :happyhapp :naughty :rollgrin: :cool: :kooky:

Should I go ahead and have the dealer order the parts now? :rolleyes: :dunce: :cool:

Hate to trade in a reliable car for a shop dweller, but I REALLY LIKE EM!!!
According to the TSB only cars built before 4/8/05 were effected. All after were produced with the correct strut mount bearing, spring isolators, strut nuts, ect... Got mine back last night no popping. I just wish they had fixed the screw that is sticking through the convertable top!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got mine back Wednesday after waiting 6 weeks. But hey, the popping is gone!!! :drink:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Just get some shorter springs and call it a day...!! Gosch, driving a Mustang that looks AND handles like an SUV... :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
popping

Parts for my car finally came in after 8 weeks. They originally said two weeks and it would only take couple hours to fix. Now they are saying they would like me to drop it off because it may take up to 6 hours, i am thinking i will have them put mileage on the ticket and an order not to drive more than 2 miles without the owner present. Not sure if they will do it or not but i dont like the idea of leaving my car with them for that long, sounds like joyrides for everyone in the shop. Hate ford service.
'
05roush

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the club...

My pieces have been ordered since june 16 and I'm still waiting. How long will it take to finaly get this problem fixed?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts