Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many of you have shared my frustration with delays in your Mustang being delivered. I am now on my fourth ETA. I ordered the car 2-Aug, was originally told the ETA was 28-Sep. I knew that would probably change. It moved to 7-Oct, then it was 13-Oct yesterday when it finally shipped, and now it is 18-Oct. It was in Indiana yesterday, so at least I know it is on the way, but still frustrating. For those of you who ordered and received your car, any idea how long it took to be delivered from the time it was shipped? I live in Omaha, NE, so not too terribly far from Flat Rock. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
You would think they could give a some what accurate eta when you place your order.

When a coworker of mine ordered his Camaro SS he went through the same thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A buddy of mine who sells cars said it should normally only take 3-5 days once the car is on a train, so we shall see. There's no point in getting my hopes up since it's been delay after delay.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that is a really long time.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good to know nothing changes with Ford. I ordered my 2007 in September of 2006 and due to plant slowdowns during Thanksgiving and Christmas by its delivery date of January 7th it was still no where to be found.

I told the dealership to shove the car then bought one off the lot at a competing dealership.

You would think Ford would treat its factory order customers better than this.

G

·
0 Posts
Mine took a little over 7 weeks. I did not bother trying to track it, it was a wonderful surprise when my saleslady gave me the call that it arrived.:kooky: I don't watch a pot of water boiling, I do what any self-respecting 26 year old does;

...play video games.:laugh:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Maaannn.....I ordered mine in JUNE. The 3rd ETA I just got is for 16 October. Worse still, my 2012 Mustang took over 5 months, LOL.

Either way, I know it sucks. Look on the bright side of things. If you're doing a trade (like myself and many others), you can tack the extra mileage on the old car. Plus, it will be worth the wait. Also, as what Grimace427 said...video games.

Hell, Borderlands 2 just came out...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maaannn.....I ordered mine in JUNE. The 3rd ETA I just got is for 16 October. Worse still, my 2012 Mustang took over 5 months, LOL.
Wow dude, that sucks. Looks like we should both get ours around the same time. I won't be doing a trade, but it would certainly be nice to give my truck a break before the winter weather starts so I can enjoy the new car. And as far as video games, I've got Assassin's Creed to keep me busy right now. I heard Borderlands 2 is pretty sweet though, so I may have to check it out.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My 2012 took six months to get. The Japanese Tsunami disaster delayed many of our cars last year. Be patient!

Pete

·
Registered
43 Posts
:bounce2:Mine was roped off sitting on the showroon floor

·
Registered
122 Posts
To the OP, I feel your pain as I too am waiting for my delivery, but you have to be patient. There are alot of factors at play, and it is truly an "Estimated Time of Arrival".

Good to know nothing changes with Ford. I ordered my 2007 in September of 2006 and due to plant slowdowns during Thanksgiving and Christmas by its delivery date of January 7th it was still no where to be found.

I told the dealership to shove the car then bought one off the lot at a competing dealership.

Wow, so the dealership has like nothing to do with plant slowdowns or build dates. About the only thing the dealer factors in, is being honest about their allocation rate. Just seems silly to punish a dealership for the "motherships" issues. Who knows why it was delayed, but I'd rather have it done perfect than quick anyway.

Either way, these cars are worth the wait!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wow, so the dealership has like nothing to do with plant slowdowns or build dates. About the only thing the dealer factors in, is being honest about their allocation rate. Just seems silly to punish a dealership for the "motherships" issues. Who knows why it was delayed, but I'd rather have it done perfect than quick anyway.
The dealership guaranteed a delivery date. The dealership did not check on the build once or notify me of any delays, when I showed up on the arranged delivery date the dealership did not care and did not even find out an updated delivery date, just we'll call you when it comes in.

So yes punish the dealer for thinking the sale was in the bag and they did not have to do any work.:nono:

F

·
0 Posts
I'm sure many of you have shared my frustration with delays in your Mustang being delivered. I am now on my fourth ETA. I ordered the car 2-Aug, was originally told the ETA was 28-Sep. I knew that would probably change. It moved to 7-Oct, then it was 13-Oct yesterday when it finally shipped, and now it is 18-Oct. It was in Indiana yesterday, so at least I know it is on the way, but still frustrating. For those of you who ordered and received your car, any idea how long it took to be delivered from the time it was shipped? I live in Omaha, NE, so not too terribly far from Flat Rock. Thanks!
To the OP, I feel your pain as I too am waiting for my delivery, but you have to be patient. There are alot of factors at play, and it is truly an "Estimated Time of Arrival".

Either way, these cars are worth the wait!
Hi guys,

Please remember these are Estimated Times of Arrival, as MnemonicGhost mentioned. Many things can happen while at the plant. First is the scheduling/allocation, which depends on your dealer, then come the actual parts needed for your vehicles (supplier shortages), Tsunamis (which canceled out paint colors), quality tests, train delays, truck delays, train derailments, etc… This is why the ETA is ALWAYS subject to change.

Remember, they ARE worth the wait! :gringreen

Deysha

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealership guaranteed a delivery date. The dealership did not check on the build once or notify me of any delays, when I showed up on the arranged delivery date the dealership did not care and did not even find out an updated delivery date, just we'll call you when it comes in.

So yes punish the dealer for thinking the sale was in the bag and they did not have to do any work.:nono:
I like the guy I work with as this is the second vehicle I've gotten from him, but the updates were definitely lacking. I didn't get my VIN until I called Ford directly last week, and got the window sticker from Deysha a couple days ago. I still don't know what day it was built, just that it's on a train, which I found out from Ford, not the dealership.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow I can't even imagine that. Just bought mine off the showroom floor. Exactly what I wanted, 5.0 GT 6 speed manual. lol:kooky:

F

·
0 Posts
I like the guy I work with as this is the second vehicle I've gotten from him, but the updates were definitely lacking. I didn't get my VIN until I called Ford directly last week, and got the window sticker from Deysha a couple days ago. I still don't know what day it was built, just that it's on a train, which I found out from Ford, not the dealership.
It was built on 9/21/12, irishmustang11. The date is at the top of your window sticker.

Deysha

1 - 20 of 37 Posts