Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys I changed. I do not want to turbocharge my mustang anymore. The stock one is way enough for a 17 years old boy. Instead, I will add modifications like a chip an tuner, a cold air intake, a camshaft, underdrive pulleys, throttle body, exhaust, mufflers, etc...
What would be my fuel consumption with these modifications ? They say on many websites that a 2001 mustang gt has an average of 18 mpg but that is on a stock mustang. I heard that a cold air intake gives your mustang a better fuel consumption but with the other modifications, what would be my fuel consumption ? More than 18 mpg or less than 18 mpg ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is important me me to know that because I am a student and the fuel consumption on my mustang will be important for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
cai intake, tune, exhaust = +
cams = -
you'll need gears with cams = -

it'll probably even out if you can keep your foot off the gas. maybe 17ish ?

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
What are you getting for mileage now? The way you drive is the biggest factor and the mods won't change it much. (unless they change the way you drive due to the temptation factor)

In my experience it is easy to do better than the ratings . . . since I don't have the opportunity to go racing around all the time . . . I get low 20's (21-22 MPG) around town, mid-high 20's on my half-highway commute (about 27 MPG)

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
The way you drive is the biggest factor and the mods won't change it much.
That's 100% true.

OP: I told you before I got over 27 mpg with over 500 rwhp on the highway. But I hardly ever drive on the highway.

You can ask the question a million different times and ways but nobody here has ESP and will be able to tell you what fuel mileage you'll get in the future.

Since every post of yours has been related to fuel mileage, just buy a Honda Civic and be happy with the low cost of fuel you'll need to pay for it. Sorry to be so harsh but don't know what else we can say.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's 100% true.

OP: I told you before I got over 27 mpg with over 500 rwhp on the highway. But I hardly ever drive on the highway.

You can ask the question a million different times and ways but nobody here has ESP and will be able to tell you what fuel mileage you'll get in the future.

Since every post of yours has been related to fuel mileage, just buy a Honda Civic and be happy with the low cost of fuel you'll need to pay for it. Sorry to be so harsh but don't know what else we can say.

Yep. My 450rwhp gets 22 or so highway.

I'd say with those mods you'd get between 15 and 18 city.

B
0 Posts
That's 100% true.

Hear, hear.......................:cheers

And since the cost of fuel is always going up this is probably the best advice you are going to hear...for the 15th time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
if gas is your biggest issue than keep it stock and just put any money you wouldve put towards mods on gas. I hate when people buy a $700 intake and tuner combo just cause they wanna save gas. they should take a second and think about how much gas they could've bought with that $700....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Why don't you buy the V6. The new sixers have just as much power and still get 30+mpg on the highway.:bigthumbsup

If the money for the fuel is an issue before you even buy the car, how are you going to deal with the problems that all those mods can cause? The rule is the more you mod, the more that CAN go wrong.

Another weird thing, first you're going to turbo it which is, say $5+ grand. But you say the stock power is fine for a 17yr old. The next sentence is about putting on every bolt on in the book, which will also be a ton of cash, but your really worried about the couple extra dollars per day for gas? If money is that tight, dont buy/mod the car! Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
guys I changed. I do not want to turbocharge my mustang anymore. The stock one is way enough for a 17 years old boy. Instead, I will add modifications like a chip an tuner, a cold air intake, a camshaft, underdrive pulleys, throttle body, exhaust, mufflers, etc...
What would be my fuel consumption with these modifications ? They say on many websites that a 2001 mustang gt has an average of 18 mpg but that is on a stock mustang. I heard that a cold air intake gives your mustang a better fuel consumption but with the other modifications, what would be my fuel consumption ? More than 18 mpg or less than 18 mpg ?

BTW, what car are you even talking about?

This is the 05-10 section and you're quoting numbers of an 01 GT?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
BTW, what car are you even talking about?

This is the 05-10 section and you're quoting numbers of an 01 GT?
He changed his mind, again...

OP: the same day you posted this thread you posted two others, "Top Speed ?" and another called "Fuel Consumption."

In the top speed one, you said you had a friend with a 1998 Civic that went 143 mph with just a tune (!). Follow my advice above and get a Civic and join their forum.

In the other (one of many) fuel mileage thread, you asked those with 700-800 hp to let you know what kind of fuel mileage they get, since as you've told us many times you only have $500 per month to spend in gas. Nobody answered that thread.

If you have to ask, and ask, and ask again 20 times, you can't afford the gas. Buy your friends 143 mph Civic and I'm sure it'll get 50 mpg city :nogrinner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts