Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out under my car ready to change my fuel filter but I couldn't get the fuel line and my old fuel filter disconnected from each other. Is there a special way to pull the two apart, or do i need to use some WD40 or oil along the fuel filter pipe to get it to slide off?

·
Registered
514 Posts
did you pull the ''key'' out.theres a small plastic peice that keeps it from comeing apart....if you did that then theres some grit holding it tight

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the clips off of both ends, and then unscrewed the metal band that goes around it, didn't see anything else so I guess I didn't. Is it on the fuel in or out pipe?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried again this morning, I looked for that plastic piece and didn't see anything other than the two clips that could be holding it on. I sprayed WD40 up along the connection and was still unable to pull it apart. Is there something else I must do or am I just being a wimp and need to use a little more elbow grease to get them apart?

·
Registered
1 Posts
how to change fuel filter

Have you purchased the tools needed to change the fuel filter from the part store? Its not that expensive part its just 3 or 4 different size plastic pieces and of course you only need one but have to purchase all. Once you find the size that fits around the fuel line you insert the smallest end in the end of the fuel filter. Push the plastic piece toward fuel filter while pulling the fuel line in the opposite direction and once it releases do the same to the other side. All it releases is a spring to remove the line.

I was out under my car ready to change my fuel filter but I couldn't get the fuel line and my old fuel filter disconnected from each other. Is there a special way to pull the two apart, or do i need to use some WD40 or oil along the fuel filter pipe to get it to slide off?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.