Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm was running the fuel tank low today to get the last of the injector cleaner I put in out of it. I received the normal low fuel messages and I kept on hitting reset. Once it hit 10 Miles to go, the fuel gauge went RED. :eek: I was running with the headlights on. I turned them off and the gauge went back to white.

I don't know if this is a feature of the MyColor option I have or is it on all models. If this is standard on the MyColor gauges it's a great option if it does this for all of the other ones. It certainly got my attention. Anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
petepac said:
I'm was running the fuel tank low today to get the last of the injector cleaner I put in out of it. I received the normal low fuel messages and I kept on hitting reset. Once it hit 10 Miles to go, the fuel gauge went RED. :eek: I was running with the headlights on. I turned them off and the gauge went back to white.

I don't know if this is a feature of the MyColor option I have or is it on all models. If this is standard on the MyColor gauges it's a great option if it does this for all of the other ones. It certainly got my attention. Anyone else seen this?
Yes it has been reported in this forum earlier.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
:walksmile pc is so ontop of things around here!

·
Registered
260 Posts
petepac said:
.....I was running with the headlights on. I turned them off and the gauge went back to white.
THAT part wasn't reported earlier (or I missed it)....DANGIT I got down to "8 miles to Empty" and didn't see this last week, but I wanted to!!! I chickened out and went to get gas...it was a lonnnng way to the next exit anyways.

If only I'd known to turn my headlights on.......:madas:

Oh and one thing.....BEWARE of the "miles remaining" number when in traffic. I had 35 miles to empty when Ileft work for a 25-mile commute home. However, due to extremely lousy traffic, a lot of that fuel went right our the exhaust pipes while i was sitting still. The slow crawl home blew the computer's mileage estimates up pretty good, and I dang near ran out of gas by believing it!.. I saw the number go from 12 miles remaining to 8 miles remaining in the space of 1 mile.......:handball:

But then again, when I filled up, it only took 14.6 gallons so it was probably just being pessimistic, on the safe side.......knowing that, I'll probably run out of gas next time for sure! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The "Mile Remaining" calculation they do looks like they use 15 gallons as the baseline. I had 14.5 gallons when it went red and 14.7 when I filled it up. At least they give you a gallon before you suck it dry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts