Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i put about 3/4 tank of gas in my car lastnight. 93oct as usual. drove it all around yesterday and no problems. get in it this morning, drive over to my friends house. no problem. get back in, and my gas guage reads 10mi to empty. wtf. now it keeps going down like im running out of gas but i know it has gas. and as it reads lower mi to empty, my guage climbs back up to around 1.4 tank. so whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sounds like your sender is starting to go out. Mine did the same thing. When I would park on a hill even a small one the gas gauge would go down. I changed it out and now it works fine. I will tell you though with all the problems I have had with mine I am going to sell it and rebuild my 66 gt350. The parts are more reliable, easier to work on and the parts are a hell of a lot cheaper.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
+1 on the fuel sender. Problem is, it's integrated into the pump so you'd have to replace the entire thing.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i guess thats good since there is a tsb out for the pump too. after long hauls mine chokes on the first stop and go so...looks like ill get em both knocked out in one throw. its under warranty also.....good thing this happened before all the crap i have stting in my garage. another question, since i have to put my stock air box on and return my tune to stock...will the screamin demon and livewires set off any red flags? borla axleback? i really dont wanna take those off

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Sounds like your sender is starting to go out. Mine did the same thing. When I would park on a hill even a small one the gas gauge would go down. I changed it out and now it works fine. I will tell you though with all the problems I have had with mine I am going to sell it and rebuild my 66 gt350. The parts are more reliable, easier to work on and the parts are a hell of a lot cheaper.
Hope this helps.
+1 on the parts. we are getting raped on 05+parts. example:chin spoiler for a 60-70 stang 50.00. but the 05+ 300.00 whats up with that?:scratchchin i will say, i havent had any issues with the 05,,,yet. i have seen a few posts about the fuel guages. burnrubber, that maintenance stuff is gonna take away valueable mod time, dang it :gringreen

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man thats no joke....u may catch up to me now amustangrocks:happyhapp im calling in an appointment to get her fixed up tomorrow....so the 8.8 swap/install is due this weekend. least itll give me some time to spray down the rear end with pb blaster...get it worked up so i dont twist anything off. MAN i cant wait to get my 3"73s and locker spinnin!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
called my ford dealer today and they said theyd take a look....BUT before they repace anything they ahve to diagnose the problem. uhh....my guage hasnt gone haywire since 2 days ago....and they arent gonna go out and drive it for 3 hours straight to see if it stalls on the first stop light. so should i forget about it and hope it was just a fluke or what?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.