Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed several times lately the fuel gauge sitting on dead zero with the fuel warning light on. After some time it come back to real time and the light goes out.

Anyone seen this before

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah it just happened to me last friday. I also started a thread and got my answer. Its the "fuel sender" going bad. Several people have had the same problem and had their's replaced. I was not so lucky.. i took my car to the dealer and the tech guy told me they could not replace mine because their computer diagonostic system didnt read the sender as being broken or malfunctioning....yet. But the guy also said he's seen this before and that it will likely happen to me again, in which case i have to bring my car back in and keep checking it till their computer decides to say the "fuel sender" is broken.....hope you have better luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. Mines in the shop now. They said Ford don't know what to do about it yet. They will probably add a fuel cleaner and reset the code. Guess I need to learn how to reset the idiot code untill they figure out how to fix it. They are blaming it on poor quality fuel/sulpher content but I only use name brand mid grade.

·
Registered
114 Posts
heh thats funny, they also told me the same thing...High sulphur content...use gas treatment for now. I gave it a gas treatment last saturday...hasnt given me the error since then but i know its bound to happen again. Guess i have to wait till their damn diagnostic computer says theres a problem with the sender instead of saying its "sulphur contaminated gas".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts