Ford Mustang Forum banner

Fuel Injection in a '67 Pony

4189 26
Hi, i dont own a older mustang, but i am planning on buying a '67 coupe soon, and i know some older ponies didnt have power steering and power breaks, but i was wondering if the '67 coupe has Fuel Injection? and im sorry for this stupid question.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
The first Mustang to have fuel injection is the 1983 V8 auto
Fuel injection was almost unheard of in American cars before the mid-80's. Mostly because fuel efficiency was not something American buyers cared about until the first oil crisis.
But isnt it possible to install a fuel injection system in the older models?
You can install fuel injection in anything.There is a place that specializes in older Mustang conversions, I think it is called Windsor Fox Performance.
thanks, ill keep that in mind
Yet it was a hot ticket for Chevys...1957 Bel Air, 1963 Corvette...
NinjaMobile said:
Fuel injection was almost unheard of in American cars before the mid-80's.
Does fuel injection make the car more effecient, and does it make it more powerful?
It is more efficient with fuel injection, and it gives you more power
Whats the price of getting fuel injection in a 66?
its probably the same as a '67 pony

try that http://www.winsor-fox.com

i havnt gotten my '67 yet, but that site is alot of help.
Windsor-Fox is either outta business, or uncooperative people who don't like answering the phone. They are also overpriced, and a good bit of their stuff can be had from places like Jegs for 1/2 what they want. The throttle cable for example is a Lokar part and $60 from Summit. Don't deal with WF anyway.
yea i didnt plan on buying from then, just to use the site for ideas
I haven't gotten really a straight answer on the overall cost. How much money would I have to put out to get my 66 mustang with a 4 barrel carb fuel injected?
think in the neighborhood of $2K
Thank you, that helps a lot.
LOL thats funny... i set mine up for less than 500$, just go to a junk yard and get the parts from a 87-93 fox.
pita said:
think in the neighborhood of $2K
Sounds even better!
X1Lightning said:
LOL thats funny... i set mine up for less than 500$, just go to a junk yard and get the parts from a 87-93 fox.
Im actually thinking of buying a '67 with a old engine, like a old V6 or something, and then buying a new EFI engine and dropping it in and new transmission.
the first V6 Mustang was made in 1974
atomsk680 said:
Im actually thinking of buying a '67 with a old engine, like a old V6 or something, and then buying a new EFI engine and dropping it in and new transmission.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.