Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i dont own a older mustang, but i am planning on buying a '67 coupe soon, and i know some older ponies didnt have power steering and power breaks, but i was wondering if the '67 coupe has Fuel Injection? and im sorry for this stupid question.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fuel injection was almost unheard of in American cars before the mid-80's. Mostly because fuel efficiency was not something American buyers cared about until the first oil crisis.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But isnt it possible to install a fuel injection system in the older models?

·
Registered
149 Posts
You can install fuel injection in anything.There is a place that specializes in older Mustang conversions, I think it is called Windsor Fox Performance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Does fuel injection make the car more effecient, and does it make it more powerful?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Windsor-Fox is either outta business, or uncooperative people who don't like answering the phone. They are also overpriced, and a good bit of their stuff can be had from places like Jegs for 1/2 what they want. The throttle cable for example is a Lokar part and $60 from Summit. Don't deal with WF anyway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I haven't gotten really a straight answer on the overall cost. How much money would I have to put out to get my 66 mustang with a 4 barrel carb fuel injected?

·
Registered
158 Posts
X1Lightning said:
LOL thats funny... i set mine up for less than 500$, just go to a junk yard and get the parts from a 87-93 fox.
Sounds even better!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im actually thinking of buying a '67 with a old engine, like a old V6 or something, and then buying a new EFI engine and dropping it in and new transmission.

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
atomsk680 said:
Im actually thinking of buying a '67 with a old engine, like a old V6 or something, and then buying a new EFI engine and dropping it in and new transmission.
the first V6 Mustang was made in 1974

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.