Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I removed the electrical connector off the first fuel injector, the piece that was inside of the locking mechanism came off (see link to image below).

I was very careful with the next 5, but in each case no matter how careful I was this piece (the locking pin) would fall out after I would gently squeeze the pin and pull. Almost looked like it was made to come off? Now this car is 9 years old so would expect some plastic degredation, but geesh!

Any ideas to hold these babies down, I'm not buying an entire wiring harness just for this. Anyone know if the connector casing can just be replaced?

Here is the part I am talking about:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/8420/dscf0013.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
melted conectors by the engine warm

Look pal, I had for the same situation one month ago when I change the injectors in my 2000 and my solution was put it back again and forget about it....the result? a happy end. You don't need to add nothing because the fuel rail has screws and there's no risk to unplug them for the engine movement. (the harness is attached to the rail). Actually the connector is enough deep and tight.
Don't worry! :nogrinner

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks !! appeciate the reply. Was really worried I'd have to replace the harness.

Look pal, I had for the same situation one month ago when I change the injectors in my 2000 and my solution was put it back again and forget about it....the result? a happy end. You don't need to add nothing because the fuel rail has screws and there's no risk to unplug them for the engine movement. (the harness is attached to the rail). Actually the connector is enough deep and tight.
Don't worry! :nogrinner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.