Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgrated my 302 and need some help on injector size. The bottom end is stock, I installed a performance products typhoon upper and lower with some porting done, 75mm throttle body, trick flow stage 1 cam, gt 40 y302 aliminum heads with 1.6 rockers. I am currently running the stock 19lb injectors. Now my problem, the car seems to be running lean, I increased the fuel pressure from 38lbs to 45 lbs and doesn't seem to help. I think I need bigger injectors or bigger fuel pump. Any suggestions would help, Thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
19's can handle quite a bit to at least 320 hp..what do you mean it seems like it running lean?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I pulled one of the plugs and it was pretty white. I purchased the car and it has long tube headers and I noticed the o2 sensors were not plugged in so I made extensions for them.(don't know if I changed anything by doing that)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
the o2's will definetly make a difference...what about tps setting?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Put your FP at 40, You could also get away w/ 24's. I think you're making your 19's run at full duty cycle. If you have the stock 88LPH fuel pump I would DEFINATELY upgrade. I did the 255 when I did it so I wouldn't have to do it again. It won't flood engine and just returns any excess fuel to tank.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Is the fuel pump stock? If yes, you'll want to upgrade that. How about the regulator, also stock? If yes, definately get a new one, they don't last forever and can cause a lean condition, or even a rich condition, depending on how it fails. I doubt you're past the limit of the 19's but you could go up to 24's, you're close enough to be able to.
Those O2's probably made a difference, especially if they weren't hooked up before, they're necessary for the computer to be able to operate properly.

·
Registered
941 Posts
ya the o2's may richin it up a bit for you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.