Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:happydance:I have changed the Spark Plug, Have switched the Spark Boot and I still keep getting a Misfire on Cylinder 2. The odd thing is that I keep reseting the code and it only comes on after the car has sat for a few days. am just doing a trial and error until I find out what is doing it. My next step is to switch the Fuel Injector and see if I get a code on the Cylinder that am going to change it into. Does anyone have any illistration on how to remove Fuel Injectors? can I swap them to a different Cylinder.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
they are very easy to remove. first you want to relive your fuel pressure. in the trunk behind the driver's side taillight there is the fuel pump cutoff switch. unplug the wire harness going to that. then go turn your car on until it dies. then go to your fuel rail and unbolt the fuel rail from the intake manifold (?). it should only be one bolt. the next step is to just lift the fuel rail off of the fuel injectors. they are only popped in using "o" rings. make sure you have plenty of paper towels around the injectors to soak up the fuel that will spill out.

once you're done make sure to properly get rid of the paper towels (burning them works) and make sure you plug in the wire harness on the fuel pump cutoff switch.

and yes the injectors can be moved around from cylinder to cylinder.

let me know if you need more help/ more detailed instructions.

·
Registered
613 Posts
:happydance:I have changed the Spark Plug, Have switched the Spark Boot and I still keep getting a Misfire on Cylinder 2. The odd thing is that I keep reseting the code and it only comes on after the car has sat for a few days. am just doing a trial and error until I find out what is doing it. My next step is to switch the Fuel Injector and see if I get a code on the Cylinder that am going to change it into. Does anyone have any illistration on how to remove Fuel Injectors? can I swap them to a different Cylinder.

Thanks
Did you replace the coil with a Ford one, or an aftermarket one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.