Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 that used to be a 4 cylinder and im trying to hookup the fuel lines that came off my 89 gt but they dont seem to match up to the body well,r they not the right ones to use or what should i do.

i dont have the 4 cylinder fuel lines.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
totally different..wont work..you need to use fuel lines from a V8 donor car,or buy new ones..1/4" and 5/16" diameter tubing
the 4cyl fuel lines came up on the drivers side,V8 lines run down the passenger side of the car

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as in a donor car, u mean a 91 V8 LX or...?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
yeah like a wrecked or not running factory v8 mustang..parts car..like the 89gt you took the motor out of..any 87-93 5.0 GT or 5.0 LX will work..probably even 86,but dont quote me on that one

you can buy brand new pre bent ones from places like classic tube or 5.0resto.com, but they'll run you around $250-300 IIRC

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok the fuel lines came out of a V8 mustang,89 GT to be exact.i tried to put it on the passenger side of the car bu didnt seem to line up.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
If you are building a beefed up Mustang run lines with AN fittings and aftermarket fuel rails.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im just trying to my lines from a 89 V8 to a 91 which used to be a 4cyl,but the lines dont seem to match up,to the body idk if its wrong or just user error

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
user error..i used the fuel lines from my 92 LX 5.0 convertible on my 87 4cyl coupe..they fit just fine

you need to take the entire fuel line, from the tank/fuel filter, right to the fuel rail connectors in the engine bay

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe I'm just not matching it up correctly. but the fuel lines from a 89 gt v8 mustang will fit on a 91 4cyl car that I'm switching over, just double checking.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
yep they'll work..should have paid closer attention to the way you took them off the GT

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it ok to use a tubing cutter to cut the lines?
I needed to cut the lines to fit between the subframe connectors and the body of the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts