Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I am installing my new Adj Fuel pressure regulator in the morning...But first I am going to go to the shop and get a small 1.5" pressure gauge to install and I have a couple of questions I really need answers to:

1. I really don't think there is room to install the gauge directly into the FPR, I believe the EGR will get in the way...Is it acceptable to by an extension line to run from the gauge port to the gauge, would it need to be braided line???

2. How much do I torque this thing down onto the FPR gauge port????...I don't want any leaks and once the manifold is back on if a leak developed I would have to take it back off to tighten the fitting, so how tight do you go with the fitting in the gauge port...Also what type of sealant do I use...It has been suggested to use liquid teflan, thread lock and possible an rtv sealant but I can't remember...What, if any do I use and how long do I have to wait after I apply it to the fitting and screw it into the gauge port before I can test the system/adj the system????
Ghostdog, I know you have installed these before, could you help me out on this?
Thanks,
Jason

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.