Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a fuel pressure gauge supose to read? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay..I had a fuel pressure gauge installed in my car. What is the normal reading on the gauge when ever it is reading fuel pressure?..you know the little red needle that is in it and when you start up your car it goes to 30 or 40..well that is what it is reading in my car..is that normal? Thanks in advance and if you need any more specific info just hollar at me and i will try and provide it.... :winks

Mana4Real said:
It's suppose to read fuel pressure... Could you be more specific on what you are trying to get at?

G

·
With zero vacuum you should read about 40 PSI. With every inch of vacuum you lose about half a psi... So when your car is idling, it should read about 30. When you are WOT the car should read about 40 psi. You can also have the car off and turn the key to the on position and it should read close to 40.

Did that answer your question? Is there anything else I can do for ya ;)?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mana4Real said:
With zero vacuum you should read about 40 PSI. With every inch of vacuum you lose about half a psi... So when your car is idling, it should read about 30. When you are WOT the car should read about 40 psi. You can also have the car off and turn the key to the on position and it should read close to 40.

Nope that just about answers it...Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mana4Real said:

since u seem to know a lot about guages, let me ask u a question. I wanna upgrade the injectors on my 96 GT from 19 to 24lb injectors. Do i need to install a pressure regulator and a pressure guage? would upgrading the injectors do much good?

G

·
96EvilGT said:
since u seem to know a lot about guages, let me ask u a question. I wanna upgrade the injectors on my 96 GT from 19 to 24lb injectors. Do i need to install a pressure regulator and a pressure guage? would upgrading the injectors do much good?
Why would you want to upgrade your injectors? Unless you need the extra fuel

(19 x 8)/ .5 = 304 HP N/A

Your injectors are good till 304 hp :laughlitt

Any questions? Sorry don't mean to be a smart ass, but people always want to upgrade their fuel system early. Don't do it unless you need it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Upgrade fuel system

Matt,
thanks dude, point taken. I changed my mind about upgrading the fuel injectors. What about the fuel pump? I just bought 80mm MAF
MSD 6A ignitin and overrev limiter
MSD coil packs and spark plug wires
iridium spark plugs (more powerful than platinum)
fuel pressure regulator and guage
Now should i set the pressure at 32?
and should i get the 155 LPH BBK fuel pump or should i just leave the stock on? Tell me oh wise one :)

G

·
An MSD 6AL won't work on a 96 GT... You need the DIS-4 with an adapter. As far as spark plugs, they won't give you more power. Just go with NGK TR55's (cheaper and they work great). Fuel pressure, don't change it. The fuel pump, just leave it alone unless it goes out. If it does, upgrade it then. It will be a good excuse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Freak!

This guy i was buying the MSD6al from told me it worked on 96GT. I took it back I might not install it at all. I've heard from a lot of people that fuel pressure is better set at 30-32 (factory setting 40psi). How good are the ford factory plug wires anyway? would they work fine with after market coil packs? And about the fuel pump. I have been trying to find an excuse to change it, but i guess i will leave it till it dies then will honor it by replacing it with a better one. :laughlitt I thought i know about my mustang, but guys u really do know this Sh%t :worship :eyepoppin

G

·
Trust me and leave the fuel pressure alone. I am the one that tests all the MSD boxes, coils, wires, distributor ect at work. Everyone comes to me for the info. If I don't have the answer it's only a phone call away.

When you set the fuel pressure, you need to make sure and set it with the vacuum port that goes to the regulator is capped. Otherwise your fuel pressure should read about 30-32 at idle, but about 40 with it capped at idle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.