Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well...first I am new to this forums, glad I found it...here is my problem:

broken fuel pump lobe, not sure what you call this but I would called it like a dowel...

any suggestions how to fix/remove this? Also, can you look where the gears go(behind the cam gear), might just be me but...should it look like the area is wearing?

photo.JPG

photo(1).JPG

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
First, welcome to the site.

Second, that's not the fuel pump lobe, that's the cam dowel pin that's getting torn up. You'll need a new cam and probably a new cam gear for the timing set. You might get the dowel replaced but it'd be less hassle to get a new cam and timing set to be sure everything is in good shape.

Real question is, what happened to cause that damage? What was happening to make you dig into the engine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased a mustang that I told just needed to get put back together and when I got the starter, plugs etc in i tried to start it no fuel was getting pumped. When I took the fuel pump off I noticed there was no pressure on the arms. When I put my fingers in the engine I could feel the lobe moving free. After I for the cover off the lobe fell on the ground and this is what I found.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts