Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 GT I don't think it is a problem although it's a little strange. Okay when I start my car I always allow my fuel pump to prime before starting (I have just always done it that way) and when it primes its very loud and when it runs it's just as loud I mean you can stand outside of the car and it sounds like I have an external fuel pump which I don't? I have heard alot of other 96-98 GTs and none of there fuel pumps sound that loud. I will try and post a video of how loud it is but for now any suggestions? Hope it's not a bad thing!!! :so

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A circular saw is a good example of what it sounds like but just a little deeper tone to it. I have only had this mustang for almost a year and it's done it from day one. Hope it doesn't mean something bad hopefully someone has knows more about this noise. :headscratch:

·
Registered
8 Posts
My fuel pump is making the high pitched noise also. I can har it over the exhuast of the car and the exhaust is loud .. LOL
Should I be replacing the fuelump? The guy I bought it off from said the pump always sounded like it does... Any suggestions ? Thanx,Tom H.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am an original owner of a 1996 Mustang GT, 90k miles. Two months ago my fuel pump started going bad and I changed it. I replaced it with a high flow fuel pump (240) and I was able to feel the difference on high end. However, the RPM increased to 900. Just a suggestion if you are thinking to upgrade. :smartass:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.