Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 GT with the 4.6L and ive owned my car for about 4 months nows and one day my cars idle just dropped and kicked back up and then died i started it and an error message came up on my dash it said Fail safe engine Mode well once i got the car running i drove it it acted fine then it felt like i lost power so i took it up to 4000 Rpm and it just chocked and it wouldn't pass it but it ran fine under 4 grand we changed the fuel filter and it ran great for three days and did it all over again it seems to be worse the lower my tank is too. so if there is any advise anyone has it would help alot.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Fuel Pump ?

There is a technical service bulletin for a fuel pump problem. Suggest you look at that. It may however, not be your problem as it relates to hesitation or stalling only After A Long Cruise.
My car did have this problem as stated in the TSB, but I never got a code or fail safe when this did happen. It happened only after many miles of feeway driving..like 200 or more miles of steady driving.

You also may have a code which registered since car went in to fail safe mode temporarily. Dealer scanner could retrieve that code.

You could simply have bad fuel or water in the fuel since you say low tank level or high rpm seems to make the condition worse.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.