Ford Mustang Forum banner

Fuel Rail Pressure Guage ?

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  02GTs/c 
#1 ·
i have a autometer fuel pressure gauge. but i didnt buy a tubing kit. it came with a few fittings but i wont need any of them cause of where i want to put the gauge. if this would work i want to find a T and cut the fuel line between the fuel rail and regulator, then get "some?" type of hose and run it in the the cab where i have my gauge mounted. if anyone has this setup please post pics!! or what do yall recomend? i want the pressure closest to the injectors as possible, i want to know how much psi i have of fuel at all times on my new motor.

#2 ·
This might not be the answer you are looking for, but I would strongly advise getting an Electrical Fuel Pressure Gauge if you are going to mount the gauge in the cab. I would NOT use a mechanical fuel gauge in the cab. I know they are $200 vs $50, but Im sure your car is worth a lot more than extra $150 you need to spend for safety. Just my opinion.

Also, I would not advise cutting your fuel line and adding a T. There is a Spacer Block that has a threaded female port you can get that mounts in between the stock pressure regulator mounting surface and pressure regulator. I am not sure who makes it, mine came with my Kenne Bell kit. If nothing else give Kenne Bell a call, Im sure they would sell you one.

Notes directly from Autometer:
1. WARNING: If pressure gauge is used in a fuel application, the gauge must be mounted outside of the vehicle. This will prevent the possibility of a gas fume explosion in the vehicle interior.
2. FOR FUEL PRESSURE, IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT BRAIDED STAINLESS STEEL LINE (NO. 3227 OR 3228) OR 1⁄4” COPPER TUBING WITH SAE FLARED FITTINGS BE USED.

#3 ·
i decided im going to mount the gauge inside that cab. ive heard of many people mounting a mechanical gauge in the cab with no problems. yes its very unsafe, but what are the chances of the steel braided line leaking? i know it would be better to get a electrical gauge, but in the position im in now im sticking with my mechanical. can anyone show me the adapter i need that connects to my fuel rail for the gauge. or if anyone has this setup can you tell me how you did it or post some pics?

#5 ·
perfect world...it would never be a problem. A few things you want to think about before running a mechanical gauge inside your car....first one is....whats you life worth.

Lets say your hose never comes loose or malfunctions in any way. Are you going to rely on that gauge to never malfunction also....

Running straight fuel anywhere on the inside of your car is a very bad idea. You have to remember it only take a slight spark to ignite fuel vapor. One of those things....right place at the right time....it can happen.

Surely you don't want to bank your life on the off chance that something would go wrong.....when everything and everyone is telling you...don't do it.

But, I guess at the end of the day it may not bother you that someone would pretty much sum up the your early demise and misfortune to a net worth of 200 bucks.

Any number of things can happen that would be out of your control that would cause a problem having a fuel line running inside your car to a fuel gauge. Ever hit any pot holes...enough of them could loosen a connection. Ever been in a car wreck?

Its just a bad...very bad thought to do this. I can personally thick of many ways to help you run the fuel line in your cab but personally have to refrain from mentioning any of them because its just not safe.

#6 ·
you should mention those thoughts i need help! ^^^

#7 ·
:)you should mention those thoughts i need help! ^^^
Why are you so opposed to installing the gauge in a safer location, like the engine compartment? As mentioned, and for obvious reasons, what you are wanting to do is extremely unsafe. Not just in theory or principal, but reality. There are a lot of self proclaimed assholes here, but I doubt you will get much help with assisted suicide.

You have a lot of nice stuff in your sig, don't start cutting corners now.

#9 ·
if i put it in the engine bay i would beable to see it when im driving.. what the point of that? anyone know anything about isolators? are they hard to install? easier than a hooking up a electrical gauge? ive heard there a pain but they look pertty simple?? :?:

#10 ·
They mount them under the hood so they can monitor it when they are working on the car.

Ok, black and white. if the gauge malfunctioned outside you may get a fire, if it malfunction inside the cab it will F#CKING EXPLODE! nobody in their right mind on AFM will help install a mechanical fuel pressure gauge in the cab. if someone does they all get their ass handed to them by the general population of AFM.

So, go out and buy an electrical fuel pressure gauge, I'm sure you'll get more help than your looking for. if you don't have the money today, save up for it.

Sorry Bud, just the way the cookie crumbles.:bigthumbsup

#11 ·
Get a Nomex fire suit (post a pic of you in it, and holding up a spoon in your left hand for authenticity), then we'll help you install it :winks

#12 ·
#14 ·
^^ Me either:yup: The part of the electric gauge that cost so much is the sender, it's not the actual gauge itself, for an Auto Meter 100psi your looking at $100 for that part...

#15 ·
I'm still a little bewildered at how many mods he claims but yet....can't figure out how to run a mechanical fuel gauge inside his car.

However, I do believe in Darwinism.....to that extent, I'm 1000% confident he will find a way to run it inside his car.

#16 ·
I'm still a little bewildered at how many mods he claims but yet....can't figure out how to run a mechanical fuel gauge inside his car.

However, I do believe in Darwinism.....to that extent, I'm 1000% confident he will find a way to run it inside his car.

Are you judging me!? i ordered a isolator. i should be good to go.

#18 ·
What torch? i have an isolator. thanks for the help mom:bigthumbsup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.