Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 75% of the time when I'm filling up, the car will discharge some fuel onto the ground right after I stop fueling. It drops to the ground just behind and inboard of the driver side rear tire (close to where I'm standing while fueling). If i take it to the fist fuel nozzle cutoff it only spits out maybe a tablespoon. If I dare take it to the second or third cutoff it'll drop about a cup of fuel on the ground. So obviously I don't try to push much fuel into it anymore. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Newer cars are not tolerant at all of going past the initial cutoff point so I never try to force it, when it shuts off, that's it.

After fueling my attention is always up higher, making sure I'm not dripping anything on the body, I never thought to look underneath. I'll keep an eye out for that though.

·
Registered
159 Posts
About 75% of the time when I'm filling up, the car will discharge some fuel onto the ground right after I stop fueling. It drops to the ground just behind and inboard of the driver side rear tire (close to where I'm standing while fueling). If i take it to the fist fuel nozzle cutoff it only spits out maybe a tablespoon. If I dare take it to the second or third cutoff it'll drop about a cup of fuel on the ground. So obviously I don't try to push much fuel into it anymore. Anybody else have this problem?
Due to the way the filler is designed, you have to make sure the nozzle is all the way in. If you pull it back some it will spill. You also cannot add gas with a can without using a funnel for the same reason.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Has happened thrice when going to the second cutoff. You'd think I'd have learnt the first time, or at the very least the second time.:laugh:

Well, I know it's not just me, but your spillages coupled with mine have finally made me clue in.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm coming over from the Ford Raptor forum and this was a small problem there too . What was found was that if you let the pump shut off on it's own and not try to force more in you won't have this problem . First time it shuts off,your done .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.