Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I am brand new on here and havent restored a car in 20 yrs. I bought an 84 Mustang conv. with a 302. It has a flat spot when I push on the gas, so I started at the basics with the carb. On that note, I'm looking what appears to be a 2 bbl with electrical coonectors to the jets. What the heck is this carb set up??!!?? I cant seem to find anything on ebay that looks like this fuel set up. Any ideas? Also, what might be causing the flat spot on acceleration...at any rpm. Thanks, and look forward to being part of the family! :shigrin

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Yeah flat spot is timing, truck cam, or floats in carb. And you need 4bbl carb. FInd a edelbrock 600 or comparable holley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The throttle body has vac. leaks and pressure regulator leaks. I need a good one. I would like to change to a four barrel and intake but I hear converting can be costly and tricky. Open to ideas and parts for sale to do it. Personally, I would like lose all the smog crap and go old school carb. By the way...still figuring out how to navigate through this site. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts