Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The chances of me actually doing this are slim to none, but, just wanted to ask anyways.

I've currently got a black 05 GT, and while I love it, it just shows the dirt way too much, and I knew it would.

So, I was thinking. Do you think Highland Green would look good? And how much would a professional, factory-quality or better paint job cost me?

Like I said, the chances of me doing this are slim to none, but I was just curious.

Maybe I'll paint it and get the Bullitt emblem and throw it on there and then sell it to some fool for $50,000 to get the "Special Limited 2005 Bullitt Edition." :)

jason

·
Registered
77 Posts
That dark green is almost as bad as black for showing dirt. I had a 442 that color and I loved it but I washed it a lot. Before I fell in love with Esmaralda (mineral grey) I was scheming on a 99 or2000 vette in the dark racing green and if ford had offered it I would have gotten Esmaralda that shade too.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Dear Archdandy1111,

Any dark color will tend to show dust and dirt more easily than a lighter color...

I have had several darker colored cars in my life and as much as I love them when they are polished, the dirt does show more quickly...

Get yourself a "California Duster" for starters...

Second, cover your car when you are not driving it...

Third, enjoy your black beauty and save your money for some other mods...

Dave :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, i know. :) I was just mainly curious on what it would cost. Nothing is better than a clean, black car. ;)

The main thing I'm hating are the bugs. This is my daily driver, and for some reason, this year, there are billions more bugs than normal. I NEVER remember hitting this many bugs driving.

The other day, on the way home from work, I hit a frickin swarm of bugs so big that it literally sounded like it was raining.

And the dust around here isn't normally this bad, even though we're surrounded by cornfields. We've just been in a drought all summer.

And my car seems to be a magnet for rocks. The only other time I was ever hit by a rock with my other cars was when I was directly behind a gravel truck in tight traffic, cracked my windshield a bit. On this car, I've already got a few chips on the hood. Which all have happened to be right where the stripes are going to go, so that shouldn't be a problem much longer. :)

Guess I'm just frustrated. I bought some touch-up paint from paintscratch.com, but I haven't used it yet, mainly because I'll be getting the stripes and also because it says not to wax/wash for 30 days after applying the paint, which I can't really do right now with work and all.

jason

·
Registered
386 Posts
archdandy111 said:
The chances of me actually doing this are slim to none, but, just wanted to ask anyways.

I've currently got a black 05 GT, and while I love it, it just shows the dirt way too much, and I knew it would.

So, I was thinking. Do you think Highland Green would look good? And how much would a professional, factory-quality or better paint job cost me?

Like I said, the chances of me doing this are slim to none, but I was just curious.

Maybe I'll paint it and get the Bullitt emblem and throw it on there and then sell it to some fool for $50,000 to get the "Special Limited 2005 Bullitt Edition." :)

jason
A seriously nice paint job on a straight car is an easy 10K-15K ....By nice I mean VERY NICE ....since you'd change colors everything would have to be stripped....doors off, hood off , trunk off etc. to do it right & it is probably the Worst Mod in terms of changing originality....that said ..from someone who's readying to drop in the blower in 3 days :kooky: ...LOL ..but I have saved every nut & bolt & rims & tires so one day just before I'm pushing daisy's :sleeping: & the 2035 collectors are looking for an 05 low mileage original Stang, They'll get all the original Parts.

Now If I had the cajones ..I'd be driving a Blindingly Bright Candy Apple Red Stang , With Pearl White Stripes & a custom white leather interior w/red piping ....

Hmmm ...Can you Body guys give me an estimate on a Blindingly Bright Candy Apple Red.............:eyepoppin

·
Registered
897 Posts
roboz said:
A seriously nice paint job on a straight car is an easy 10K-15K ....By nice I mean VERY NICE ....since you'd change colors everything would have to be stripped....doors off, hood off , trunk off etc. to do it right & it is probably the Worst Mod in terms of changing originality....that said ..from someone who's readying to drop in the blower in 3 days :kooky: ...LOL ..but I have saved every nut & bolt & rims & tires so one day just before I'm pushing daisy's :sleeping: & the 2035 collectors are looking for an 05 low mileage original Stang, They'll get all the original Parts.

Now If I had the cajones ..I'd be driving a Blindingly Bright Candy Apple Red Stang , With Pearl White Stripes & a custom white leather interior w/red piping ....

Hmmm ...Can you Body guys give me an estimate on a Blindingly Bright Candy Apple Red.............:eyepoppin
I know a body guy who bought an 05 in black and stripped it the day he got it. He painted it Competition Orange in a 70 Boss style complete with Shaker hood Semi gloss (nearly flat) black trunk, backlight and hood. He left the engine compartment the factory black. I was told he charges in the neighbourhood of $9000.00 Canadian for a job like that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have black gt too
i had alot of water spots on the car and the windows i was thinking to do samething i went to body shop and they asked $1800 to paint it to red
i gave up so i took car to detail shop they buffer the car for $180
and than told me to buy nsx wax and i did so as u said black gets dirty easy but when u wax it once in a month it looks awsome black mustang is the best color u can have

1 - 7 of 7 Posts