Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this is my first post, I just registered today. I've had my Mustang for a year now and haven't done anything to it other than regular maintnance, it only has actually about to get 18,000 miles on it. But I wanted to change the transmission fluid to a Full synthetic.

When we changed the transmission fluid an my friends 2004 GT (both manuals mine and his) before we changed it the gears were a bit rough, I figured it was the way it's suppose to be........but I wouldn't know really. I mean it has the same amount of miles that mine does, so if I changed my transmission fluid to synthetic would it improve the shifting on mine. Not like it really needs it acutally, it's just more of curiosity if anyone has changed theres? and their opinion if they have

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Ive heard it helps out. Ive been told to go with royal purple. I need to do it sometime soon, but gears arent really rough, but my 2nd gear scraps a lil when its cold, but once the car warms up and have gone thru all the gears it doesnt do it, but the fluid should help that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my gears are fine lol I just wondered if changing would really effect it much, either way I don't think going full synthetic as soon as possible is bad. I mean my first oil change I just went synthetic, plus I also want to change my driveshaft anyways.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the board. I change all my fluids to full synthetic. My T-5 did feel smoother and it is better oil so it can only help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.