Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first race story!

Got a call this afternoon from my sister asking me to pickup some Pedialite for my nephew. The little guy is sick, never heard of it before, but I figured I’d go get some.

I went out and decided to go to a new shop by the city courthouse. On the way I get passed by this beautiful black 2001? Mustang barreling down the lane. I figured there was another store down the way and I could stop there. I tried to catch up and went up to 80 mph, then I remembered it was 40 mph road and I was about to pass the police station. I called my self all the appropriate names/swearwords and slowed down. The next time I see him he is at the next light and turning my way. He punches it and I follow. The road was only one lane. There was no way I could even try to get next to him. I thought I kept up pretty well. A few lanes open up by the time we get to a light. We line up with a lane between us. It was a long wait we reved at each other a few times and waited longer. Before we go a black Corvette takes the lane between us and revs his beast of an engine. We both rev back of course. “We are gonna die”, I thought to myself and we did, vette embarrasssed us. I think the black stang beat me by a half car length. I reached the store, bought the Pedialite and took it to my nephew. Played with him and his brother until it got dark then I left.

Since I had so much fun on the way to my sister’s house I took the long way home. Glad I did, I saw this beautiful classic stang 65 I think, 4 headlights. I am sure there is someone here who can tell me. It was sitting in front of a kindergarten school with a for sale sign. I WANT IT!!! To bad I don’t have the money right now. I am going back to take pictures of it tomorrow morning. Just because…

Also played with an RX-7 after drooling over the classic. Got the jump on him from a light and kept the lead. He turned his headlights on and off waved then made a turn. It was such a great day. :laughlitt :laughlitt

Little background for me

I have an 05 min grey. The first stick I have owned. The only other sticks I have driven were a Honda and a Renault. I need some practice launching.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Sounds like a great day! Next time, DON'T LOSE TO A GM!! :winks

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hi

Hey whats going on man? Nice stories and welcome to the club. Where in VAB do yo live? I'm over in the Linkhorn Bay area. Got any pics of your pony? Every saturday from like 3 to 7pm(weather permitting) there is a car show at Haygood shopping center usually me and my wife are out there. Might see you there sometime.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah... vice story and from another Virginian no less. I have been to Genro's a few times myself. Always have a good time out there.

·
Registered
758 Posts
nbk13nw said:
Yeah... vice story and from another Virginian no less. I have been to Genro's a few times myself. Always have a good time out there.
Yep always meeting great people out there. Are you out there alot? I always ask if people go on this forum and most people have no clue about this place... so I educate them :winks

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live near the courthouse right now. Trying to get an apartment down Holland road.

I have got to go to the Haygood show now that I know about it. I’m going to DC next week so it might be awhile before I get to go.

Took some pics of the 66 and mine

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.