Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go out to lunch today and stop in the sunoco station to top off my tank. While pumping gas another mustang pulls in it was an 02 gt, red in corlor with some goofy 2' tall wing on the back. The guy driving it was probably mid 30's gets and and says nice car you have there. I thanked him and complimented him back as well if the wing is his taste so be it. He then asked what the car would run. I said well its been 12.30's just the way it sits on street tires. I am still pumping gas and he is checking my car out and says well I dont believe your car will even get in the 12's. I said your entitled to think what ever you want but why do you say that. He proceeded to say I have never seen a mustang runs 12' that does not have a monster tach on the dash ?

WTF a monster tach is needed to run 12's ? I said well its just not my taste buddy just like that stupid as wing you have on the back. so since he had a wing and a big as tach his car must be fast.

I just laughed and said have a great day and left. just thought I would share it with you guys. :headscratch:

·
Registered
74 Posts
You did the right thing and just let him ramble on. He obiously didn't know diddley squat about performance.:sterb: Now you know why he had the little wing on his car. :smirk

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nice story. But I have ran into alot of those kind of folks. I had one guy tell me when I had my 95 GTS that it just needed some graphics and it would have been a sweet ride.

G

·
doesnt every one know that a ridiculous wing a monster tach cool graphics and undercar lighting makes your car really fast lol:hihi:

·
Registered
93 Posts
those tachs are good for at least 70-80rwhp :heha:

·
Registered
568 Posts
those tachs are good for at least 70-80rwhp :heha:
Yeah, I mean the bigger the tach, the higher you can push the RPMS, right?

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
:laugh: Thanks for sharing, A monster tach to run 12's lol. Good one guy with the huge a$$ wing.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
omg yeah i put a 5" tach on my dash and it BOOSTED RIGHT TO 1200HP!! you'll never belive...He probably grew up with ricers and just happen to buy a mustang for a good deal and he wanted to rice it out..

edit: those 4 banger Vtechs need 2 tachs 1 for the sad engine revs and the other reading 12000 for the vtech. so immagine them things 2 5"+factory tach/spoiler/stickers/fart can = 500hp and can wreak any mustang... I did alittle research and turns out vtech is a brand of cordless phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.