Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know we are suposed to wear it always --it's the law.
But...
I can't stand it and want to make it stop forever. Is the a fuse to unplug? I did read about turning the car on and off 9 time but it just resets itsel.
What do I do to get rid if the dind ding ding other than my Shaker 1000?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
makes 2 of us bud I know the Lincoln LS have a way to disable it...there should be something in the owners manuel about this...I have had my car for almost 2 weeks...havent had time to read the manuel yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes it is in the owners manual. Something like turn on the key and wait for the seatbelt light to go out, this takes about a minute. Then latch and unlatch the belt 9 times in one minute. The seatbelt comes back on then latch the seatbelt again. You have to do each seatbelt separately. And don't latch the latch the other belt while doing the first.

That is from memory so it could be wrong. It is in the manual.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Do you not wear it when you drive? Be honest:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope I really don't unless I'm gonna drive real agressive like.:tongue

Next thing the gov. is goint to do is tell us what time to go to bed. But yes it does save lives. (and buckles you into a mess at times) I want to choose when and not when to wear it and not be governed.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Pony said:

Next thing the gov. is goint to do is tell us what time to go to bed. But yes it does save lives. (and buckles you into a mess at times) I want to choose when and not when to wear it and not be governed.
The problem is you don't know when another idiot is going push your $h!t in. Been there done that. It's in the manual

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Pony said:

wow there are 2 of us out there.....LOL I agree!!!!! I do wear mine on the highway but around town.....nope.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
66stang351 said:
Yes it is in the owners manual. Something like turn on the key and wait for the seatbelt light to go out, this takes about a minute. Then latch and unlatch the belt 9 times in one minute. The seatbelt comes back on then latch the seatbelt again. You have to do each seatbelt separately. And don't latch the latch the other belt while doing the first.

That is from memory so it could be wrong. It is in the manual.
thanks...thats how the Lincoln LSs are too.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I actually feel uncomfortable when I don't have the seatbelt on, even if im driving around the neighborhood just for a quick sec.

·
Registered
336 Posts
October 31st, 2005. Lompoc CA. Two High School teens Dead and another critically injured because they were not buckled. :sosad:

November 19th, 2005. Santa Maria CA. Three High School teens killed and another critically injured due to not wearing Seatbelts. :sosad:

http://www.santamariatimes.com/articles/2005/11/22/news/local/news01.txt

These are just two incidents happened recently in the small towns where I live.

Your seat belt not only protects you in an accident but it also keeps you in your seat and in control of your car during evasive maneuvers, aggressive driving, etc. The instances where someone is trapped or injured by a seatbelt are a insignificant compared to the lives they save.

IMHO, if you aren't responsible enough to buckle up, you do not deserve to be driving a Mustang or any other car for that matter. Law or no Law. :sterb:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I disabled mine too. I almost always wear the seatbelt. But there are times when I'm tooling around the block or a friend jumps in for a quick ride up and down the street to check out the car. The constant alarm is annoying whether it's the driver's belt or passenger. Also, the seatbelts are not the easiest things to reach even with the side straps to bring them closer. If I am going to do some "Silly-Stuff".....We're always buckled up.
Now that said, I have had to remove my seatbelt a few times when driving down the expressways. There are times when the seat belt locks you in so tight, you can't lean forward to check the left lane/blind spot to make a lane change.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I wear a 5-point belt at work were chanses are 1 in a billion I'll need it. I used to be an EMT/EMS and saw some nasty stuff... I get ANGRY with morans not wearing it, no reason not to! One accident I'll never forget, the guy was doing 1-2 MPH, slid down in a ditch, roof 'cut' his head (neck) of, he'll never see his unborned child! There is NO reason NOT to wear it! COM'N!!! :sterb:

A friend of my brothers made fun of me putting IT on in his back seat on drunken night... I camly said, 1. I don't wanna kill you upfront (because you WILL!) 2. I move around at 550 MPH at work, 99.999999% safe and will be danged to die in a swooped up Honda! 3. I owe it to myself, YOU, and my familly!

PS. Kudos to you guys on the track wearing helmets in +13.5 sec cars!! :thumbup

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
There are more people killed because they did not wear a seat belt, I think it is pretty dumb not to wear one, you may not like the gov controlling this one, but, if your injuries are more severe because you did not wear one, the rest of the insured have to pay your medical bills. Not many things I like the gov telling us to do either, but this one, they need to protect protect people from themselves.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think it's a good idea not to wear seatbelts. I mean since the helmet laws came into effect we have been looking for a new segment of the population for possible organ donors.

I think you guys are patriots for sacrificing yourselves for the good of the community. You disserve a thumbs up!

·
Registered
150 Posts
hehe thats one way to look at it :tongue

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have to agree totally on the belts. We've worn them faithfully for 30 years or so. I've seen some really horrible sights in person when the belt was not being worn. However, the personal story is this:

Our son was 15 with a new license. His mom & I both had to be @ work when his team was playing a game, so I told him he'd have to drive our 84 Nissan p/u to catch his bus. He didn't want to, but I insisted.
Coincidentally:?: we all found ourselves traveling the road home together, he was in the lead, then his mom, then me. I watched as he hit a wet/muddy place in the road and the p/u left the roadway -- hit into a deep ditch -- flipped end-over-end -- then rolled 3 times ending up on the passenger side. The windshield & toolbox were thrown off and rolled over. When I got to my son he was in a crushed cab hanging by his seatbelt. He had 2 small scratches on his left arm and no other injuries. We popped the belt loose & I lifted him through the windshield opening to safety away from the truck.

Do I believe in seatbelts?????? :dunce: Read the story again if you can't find the answer to my question.:happyhapp My son is now 23, married & in University, and has a 2 yr old son -- my grandson -- who would never have been born if my son had failed to wear that seatbelt. Government or not, they are the right thing to wear when driving or riding in a vehicle !!!!!!!!!!!!

Mach 73

·
Registered
276 Posts
It has always upset me when forum users call other users stupid or other names for things they do on the road so I won't. I've taken care of young other wise healthy individuals who now bable like infants, are missing one side of their face, missing a limb or two, I could go on and on about the absolute tragedies I've seen that can be attributed to one thing....the victim wasn't wearing a seatbelt. If you wear every time you'll become uncomfortable when you don't wear it. It's the cheapest life insurance you can buy because it's free. It astounds me when I hear about people not wearing a seatbelt, like a parent smoking around their child. I know this post is wasted, there will always be people who will think it won't happen to them until it does or they grow up a bit.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I do not feel comfortable without my seatbelt. The one complaint I have about mine is that it scrapes my neck a little. I am constantly pulling my shirt up underneath the belt.

I am a big guy and I sit all the way back and as low as possible. Probably this is the reason it gets my neck where it does.

Other than that this car is perfect IMHO. Best car ever made ;o)

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
My belt too was uncomfotable and I'm not a big guy, 5-11 185, but it was/is in the wrong place!

Got som shoulder pads, see pic...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.