Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what fuses to pull to upload my tune. My SCT manual sayes to pull the Fuel Pump and Cooling Fan fuses.

Looked at the fuse box under the hood, its no labeled. SO, whats what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
When all else fails, read the instructions.

They're in your glove compartment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am goign to go look in there. didnt see them earlier... are the labeled in there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
Don't bother with the fuses... just flash the car... with the 05+, pulling the fuses really isn't needed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
fishingjts said:
Don't bother with the fuses... just flash the car... with the 05+, pulling the fuses really isn't needed...
Yeah!! just "Flash" the car. hahaha

:sterb:

I wonder if I get get my wife to "Flash" me right now.... hahaha ... maybe if I go sit in the car...Hmmmm:laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Yeah!! just "Flash" the car. hahaha

:sterb:

I wonder if I get get my wife to "Flash" me right now.... hahaha ... maybe if I go sit in the car...Hmmmm:laughlitt
I am sure your wife thinks you love the car more than her, so flash yourself :eyebulge:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
Kyle F said:
I am goign to go look in there. didnt see them earlier... are the labeled in there?
Yep - I forget which page, just check the index and there is about a 2 1/2 page fuse chart near the back of the book.

There is more than one fuse per item, and I think I pulled about 4 or so - the SCT instructions clearly stated to pull them so that's what I did. The XCal I did not have this requirement, it is onyl with the XCal II. At least in my experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Kyle F said:
I need to know what fuses to pull to upload my tune. My SCT manual sayes to pull the Fuel Pump and Cooling Fan fuses.

Looked at the fuse box under the hood, its no labeled. SO, whats what?
do you have a GT or V6? i have a GT so i can help you out there, not sure if they are the same for a 6

its fuses 3 and 41. you should remove them, better safe than sorry. its happened a few timew where people didnt remove them and the tune didnt load right, so i would do it just to be on the safe side.

theres no outline on the inside of your fuse box lid??

if not, i can send you a pic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea there is an outline... just numbers. I am used to Camaros where they used abbriviations.

Thanks guys,

and yes I have a GT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Pull fuses, numbers 2,3,21,25 and 28. I use the SCT XCal2 also, and those are the fuses you have to pull on the 05.

:thumbsup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oops... I did it with out pulling them LOL
:kooky:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
GrapeNo1 said:
Pull fuses, numbers 2,3,21,25 and 28. I use the SCT XCal2 also, and those are the fuses you have to pull on the 05.

:thumbsup
wow such conflicting info about this . ive heard 3,41. dont pull. and know 2,3,21,25,and 28. [email protected]$#@ it, pull all of them kyle f. (only kidding but wtf) vynle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I have flashed the car (with the SCT):laughlitt many times without incident. They recommend pulling those fuses so there will not be an additional drain on your battery.

If your battery is weak, there is a chance you could lose power to the unit during the reprogramming process which would probably not be a good thing.
If you have a normal battery there should not be a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no problem... the new tune RIPS...:worship
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top