Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with TS or roots F/I who have been looking for an alternative to either the Roush or Thumperrr products of this nature, Steeda today announced that it is producing an aftermarket tensioner for the Mustang GT (it already produces a model specifically designed for the GT500).

Details regarding pricing were not provided in the newsletter edition sent to subscribers.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they have a release date yet?? Will it fit the 8 & 10 rib pullies?

No info from the news letter - maybe a call to them will pry it from their lips (unlike the "adaptive calibration" info I sought)...

My guess would be around $200 and probably only an 8-rib version...but that's just a guess...

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
No info from the news letter - maybe a call to them will pry it from their lips (unlike the "adaptive calibration" info I sought)...

My guess would be around $200 and probably only an 8-rib version...but that's just a guess...
Speeking of the adaptive cal.. I talked with Chris (CR) at Tillman Speed and we agreeded that they would have to have a completely new computer-PCM to be able to do that. Or at leas mod the computer with an completely different operating system and possabable different hardware...:scratchchin I don't think we have heard anything about that for a while.

·
Registered
622 Posts
New! Steeda Billet Tensioner @ Tillman Speed, Inc.!

http://steeda.com/images/tensioner_650.jpg
***SHOWN WITHOUT OPTIONAL BILLET PULLEY

Stop your OEM belt tensioner bracket from bending with Steeda's new Tensioner kit! A major problem with Supercharged applications as the increased belt length and tension puts unwanted stress on the factory tensioner. A real problem is when you kick the clutch and pull the next gear the RPMS suddenly drop.

With the extra rotating mass of the supercharger and weight of all the accessories it will jerk the belt and sometimes hurt your OEM tensioner. It causes it to flex and in the end you usually end up with broken belts that are hard to find and expensive. A great fix for all blown Roush, Saleen and other bolt on supercharger applications.

Kit is available with a factory pulley or an optional billet one.

Steeda Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner - Billet Pulley - '05-'09
$159.95

Steeda Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner - Stock Pulley - '05-'09
$119.95

CALL CHRIS ROSE @ (610)497-3736 or 5776 TO ORDER!!!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
http://steeda.com/images/tensioner_650.jpg
***SHOWN WITHOUT OPTIONAL BILLET PULLEY

Stop your OEM belt tensioner bracket from bending with Steeda's new Tensioner kit! A major problem with Supercharged applications as the increased belt length and tension puts unwanted stress on the factory tensioner. A real problem is when you kick the clutch and pull the next gear the RPMS suddenly drop.

With the extra rotating mass of the supercharger and weight of all the accessories it will jerk the belt and sometimes hurt your OEM tensioner. It causes it to flex and in the end you usually end up with broken belts that are hard to find and expensive. A great fix for all blown Roush, Saleen and other bolt on supercharger applications.

Kit is available with a factory pulley or an optional billet one.

Steeda Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner - Billet Pulley - '05-'09
$159.95

Steeda Heavy Duty Belt Tensioner - Stock Pulley - '05-'09
$119.95

CALL CHRIS ROSE @ (610)497-3736 or 5776 TO ORDER!!!
Do these fit any TS supercharger?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Speeking of the adaptive cal.. I talked with Chris (CR) at Tillman Speed and we agreeded that they would have to have a completely new computer-PCM to be able to do that. Or at leas mod the computer with an completely different operating system and possabable different hardware...:scratchchin I don't think we have heard anything about that for a while.

I was actually reading about that today

"The Steeda exclusive Adaptive Performance Calibration is currently available for 2007 and current 4.6L 3 valve Mustangs at a retail price of $399."

Question
What does the calibration cost and when is it available?

Answer
The calibration is included in the base price of every 2008 and beyond Steeda Q-Series Mustang Produced after February 1, 2008.

Individuals may purchase the calibration for their own applications directly from Steeda Autosports for $399

and the FAQ --> http://www.steeda.com/faq/?View=entry&EntryID=19

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was actually reading about that today

"The Steeda exclusive Adaptive Performance Calibration is currently available for 2007 and current 4.6L 3 valve Mustangs at a retail price of $399."

Question
What does the calibration cost and when is it available?

Answer
The calibration is included in the base price of every 2008 and beyond Steeda Q-Series Mustang Produced after February 1, 2008.

Individuals may purchase the calibration for their own applications directly from Steeda Autosports for $399

and the FAQ --> Steeda Autosports | Frequently Asked Questions / Steeda’s 'Adaptive Performance Calibration' - A Revolution in the Industry

We've been over the Steeda Adaptive Calibration software in another thread.

Bottom line: they've advised that it won't work on anything other than their CAI and a Whipple.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
They should fit Whipple, Kenne Bell, Saleen, Roush.

We're test fitting them this upcoming week.
When are we going to see pictures and specs? This may be the first time someone released something before I already made one for myself. I'm as excited as a 10 year old school girl

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive been running there adaptive tune with there whipple kit for a few months now and like it . No problems .

·
Registered
633 Posts
Where is the advantage?
For this one, probably not much over stock from Steeda's description. For Manual vehicles running 10+psi of boost, the stock tensioner is a weak link in that it can bend/break due to the forces from the belt, which in-turn breaks the belt. A strong billet tensioner avoids these problems since it will not bend. If the tensioner pictured is anything like the KBs, the weak link is still there, just moved to the base vs the arm.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Ive been running there adaptive tune with there whipple kit for a few months now and like it . No problems .
Welcome to AFM. Have you had it on a dyno yet? I would like to see a dyno sheet with A/F if or when you do.:scratchchin

Sounds good. how's it running? :bigthumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.