Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my tank changed several months ago and it corrected the problem but the past 2 times I have filled up it happened...any one else have the problem after the tank has been replaced??

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Blnpony05 said:
I had my tank changed several months ago and it corrected the problem but the past 2 times I have filled up it happened...any one else have the problem after the tank has been replaced??
On occasion I have had it. Once it stop after i filled up a half tank. But it rarely happens. That mighta been a freak occurance though.

Although when I first started filling it up, it would stop right after i would start filling, then I'd push down the handle again, and it would pump fine. But it was always that first pull on the nozzle that stopped it. Kinda wierd.

If it really bothers you bring it back, but it doesnt keep clicking off repeatedly anymore which is what I was gettign annoyed at.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my solution: live in oregon and let the attendant get frustrated with it!

seriously, i've had this problem the life of my car. but i take it to the same station every time now at the same pump, if i can, and it works fine. almost every time i go to a different station, it shuts off.

sometimes the attendants get all huffy over it because they've got other cars to fill. i've offered to stand there and hold it for them, but they won't let me. maybe it's because of the hook on my hand? :winks

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
blackhawk 9 said:
my solution: live in oregon and let the attendant get frustrated with it!

seriously, i've had this problem the life of my car. but i take it to the same station every time now at the same pump, if i can, and it works fine. almost every time i go to a different station, it shuts off.

sometimes the attendants get all huffy over it because they've got other cars to fill. i've offered to stand there and hold it for them, but they won't let me. maybe it's because of the hook on my hand? :winks
Did you know it works if you twist the handle upside down and push the nozzle in as far as it goes? Sounds wierd, but it works. Most gas station attendants know this cuz the 2005 mustang fillup problem isnt the first car to have this kinda problem. Try it next time.

And smack the attendant with ur hook for not knowing this.

·
Registered
867 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Did you know it works if you twist the handle upside down and push the nozzle in as far as it goes? Sounds wierd, but it works. Most gas station attendants know this cuz the 2005 mustang fillup problem isnt the first car to have this kinda problem. Try it next time.

And smack the attendant with ur hook for not knowing this.
Careful doing it this way. The hole for the automatic cutoff in the nozzle is on the bottom of the pipe. When you rotate it this way you can end up with expensive overflow ruining your wax job.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have experienced this problem to a small degree with my 06' GT. I had the car up on a lift this morning to change the oil. While it was draining I took the opportunity to check things out. I can see why the fill up problem exists. The fill hose leading to the tank starts down from the fill hole for about 24". Then it takes a u turn back up over the axel. Then back down to the tank. I didn't see a pressure relief hose coming anywhere from the tank. The diameter of the hose is only about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Not very wide. Additionally, the fill hose reminds me of my plastic ribbed washing machine drain hose. This doesn't look like a very safe or reliable system. With the price of gas now, it would be very easy for a thief to cut the hose at the fill hole from underneath the car and use the hose as a siphon to drain your tank. Are there any alternatives out there to replace this hose. Is the ford replacement that was mentioned in other threads a better hose.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have also replaced my tank (few months ago) and now I'm having problems again. For some reason, it takes about three minutes of "topping-off" before I can actually start filling up. Doesn't happen every time though.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I have the 'new' filler assembly (late March 05 build) and still have issues on occation...

The tilting works but is a precise sience... very annoying most times!

I now have a list in my head of good stations AND which pumps there... nerdy maybe but I can't take a 15 minute fill-up on my way to work, etc... In addition to working filler handles, they have to have 93, it has to be quality gass, it has to be on the right side of the road for my travel plans... lol... am a nerd! :tongue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts