Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2000 model mustang and have found that it has a gas leak, Im told the gromit (pardon spelling) is bad does anyone know how to fix this I am losing gas pretty fast and need to get it fixed quickly.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i just did the one in my 95 last night. it took me about 35 min total but i was working at a fast pace. drive your car untill your just about to run out of gas. you will have to drop the tank which is a 3 1/2 inch bolts that hold the straps and one 8mm that hold the ring that goes around the filler neck to the gas tank.. support the tank, i used two jacks and start to lower the tank. you will need to lower the driver side a little lower so that you can get a proper angle to slide the filler neck out of the gasket. replace the gasket, put a little oil on the inside of it and on the neck to help it slide on easier. and put the tank back up into place. the part was $32 at my local ford dealer. hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much this is very helpful, what part was it that you ordered? I noticed I was losing about a quarter tank of gas every day i drove the car and was doing limited driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.