Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey im swaping out my motor in my 88 LX mustang and im to the part of taking the dumb connectors of the gas lines off from the pass side...
and thay are stuck. i have the tool i got from napa..but thay are vary stuck...haw do i get thim off?

can i just cut the connectors off and put hose in there and clamp it?
it will not come off..

G

·
those little plastic tools should just slide in and the connectors should pop loose you dont wanna put a rubber hose in line they can split way easy and catch fire spray the connectors with some penetrating fluid let it set and try again they are a pain but ive never had a big problem with them

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Had the same problem. Squeeze down on the tool with some good pressure. I needed a buddy to pull off the connectors while I used the tool.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Clamping a hose into the metal line isn't advised. Keep wrestling with them, they'll eventually come out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
While having the tool on there and holding pressure on it, push the lines together to get the flange of the tool to compress the pressure spring in the line then pull it apart. Just keep pushing in and pulling apart, and they should come apart.

·
Registered
468 Posts
X2 on that should work needs a little mussle..

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Yup, they won't be so easy to come apart, you'll have to wrestle if they've never been apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.