Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, the gas pedal on my 2001 V6 auto trans is about over an inch lower than the brake pedal. I think this is causing me to not get as much wide open throttle when i mash the pedal cuz the floor gets in the way. The gas pedal is also a little loose. Do yall think that I can adjust it somehow with some clamps and a nylon spacer? (as recomended by my buddy who had the same problem)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
If you get up on the floor and pull the gas pedal forward you can see the slack that is in the throttle cable. Take the peice of spacer and put it over the cable and then use the clamps to hold it onto the cable. This will take care of the loose pedal. It will be a bit shorter than an inch if I remember correctly.

I did the mod. It seemed to help a bit with throttle response because you aren't waiting for the slack of the cable to get taken up, the cable itself is instantly tight already. I haven't had any problems on mine. Some people wonder if it will make the throttle cable snap but I have had no problems at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks man. i think im going to go ahead and do that. Do u think this might cause the gas pedal to get stuck while driving? had that problem with my older stang

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Sounds like a bad idea to me, but hey it might just work fine without any problems at all. Good luck and be careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.