Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally used the a/c today on my drive home and I noticed a prominant gasoline smell coming through the vents. Anyone know what it could be?? The internets say its the "O" rings on the injectors or the fuel pressure regulator.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
You can always take off your injectors and check the o-rings or take off the FPR and see if that o ring is bad. Pretty easy to do but never heard of a problem like this. hope you get it fixed. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
That sounds like some sort of fuel leak under the hood, injectors, regulator, line, etc. Possible it could be the egr, I've heard of it doing that on occasion , though its unusual.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried it again on my way in to work. I waited about 10 minutes after I started the car to test it. No smell. Tried it again while I was on the parkway and again, no smell. Weird.

I just posted on here to see if anyone else had experienced this with thier car.

Also... Whats the shelf life on injectors anyways? I'm pretty sure the ones I have in there are the originals. Should I get OEM replacements or would I benefit more if I upgraded them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.