Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number for the bulbs that twist in on the back of the gauge cluster? I have some that are very dim and maybe even burnt out. Also, can you get them at local auto part stores? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Not sure of the part numbers but since they're standard bulbs, you should be able to get them at most parts stores.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Should be "194". You can get clear, colored, long life (add "LL" to the part number), LED, etc.

If you get a colored bulb or any LED other than white or green, be aware that you cannot change the green plastic gauge face backing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could it be that mine are dim because of the white face gauge overlays? I have heard people complain about it before. I love the white but at night, I cant see anything but the needle.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the bulbs that twist in on the back of the gauge cluster? I have some that are very dim and maybe even burnt out. Also, can you get them at local auto part stores? Thanks in advance.
I am sure your auto parts store would have them. They probably have an assortment of bulbs on hand.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes the overlay is why you can not see your gauges. The best fix is Super Bright LED in place of your standard 194 bulbs. The black plastic twist part is the bulb socket you keep them and pull the bulbs out of them. I am going to steal this thread for a second. Anyone have a extra broken cluster I need 5 of the sockets for a car I am building.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts