Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like when my gauges have the backlight as white instead of green, like when you turn your lights on at night (when you dont have mycolor obviously) is ther a way to make it so the gauge cluster keeps a white light instead of green? the white light looks so much cooler :D

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Sure, set the R-G-B all to 5

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i dont have my color. is there still a way to do it? and how does the green work? does it turn on another light and turn the white off or does it move a green film over the white to make it appear like green light?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
The gauge clusters have LED's (Light emitting diode) inside them to illuminate the gauges. I'm sure that when you flick them from white to green it turns the white ones off and green ones on or it has a white/green combo LED and just flips it from white to green.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You either change your entire cluster to the mycolor or change out the led bulbs inside your current cluster. I would think that changing the entre custer wuold be the easiest option as there are only 4 screws involved.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that would be much easier does anyone have any offhand knowledge of what LED's id need to get to replace them? also is there a guide on how to open it up to do this somewhere on this site? thanks guys

·
Registered
331 Posts
ive already probed the wires going into the cluster for a friend's 07 stang. that one didnt have the mycolor either and its controlled through a computer signal instead of a 12 volt signal. so yeah, it would either be to replace the leds or the cluster

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm ok well ill go with the LEDs do you think my ford dealer would help me out with it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
i like when my gauges have the backlight as white instead of green, like when you turn your lights on at night (when you dont have mycolor obviously) is ther a way to make it so the gauge cluster keeps a white light instead of green? the white light looks so much cooler :D
I'm with you on this. I have this combo in my o8'. The green is a "Muddy" green. I like the white myself. I wish they would reverse the colors, green on startup, white on with headlights on. Even if the green was brighter it would work out better, and numbers would be sharper. Let me know, if you would, if you find an easy fix. Thanks, Vapoor8

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
There are white faced gauges available for the s197 mustangs, although they wouldn't help in this situation. ;)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah they have the white faced gauges but im talking about the backlight to the gauges.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So are they fiber optics or bulbs, if there bulbs sometimes they have a green rubber cap on them. you could remove them and they be white.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW thanks dude, i just sent them an email asking if i could get 3 colors in one ahhah. thanks so much 302svt!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed them last night on Ebay and remembered reading about them. Did they say if it was a hard job to do or not?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.