Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed an interior lighting system from LEDglow.com and it makes my interior look amazing...but that sickly green color behind the guages and hvac kinda kill it. Has anyone done this swap on an 02' or seen a thread including it? I know the New Edge bulb sizes are different than the sn95's and I haven't been able to find the exact size. Looking to produce a deep red color, but if it's impossible a clean blue would be nice as well..

Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
There is a green film behind those and you can't take it off that's why it looks like that. There's a website to buy small LED's so you can just stick them in there and whichever color mixed with green does what you want, then you're good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it would be impossible to get red then... What about blue? Would yellow LEDs give me a deep blue? Just a guess here..

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm pretty sure. That's what I planned on doing I just never got around to taking off the cluster and seeing what size bulbs I'd need.

Good luck and let me know what bulbs to order :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll ask around, do some more research. I'll PM you if I find out :)

·
Registered
795 Posts

Don't forget, same concept for the Hvac

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Except it costs $50... The individual LEDs aren't that expensive. That site isn't too promising either..

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well I was only suggesting lol.
Mysteed offers the only full M112 Supercharger kit that i know of for V6 Stangs. They are small, but im sure theyre reliable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I don't doubt reliability, it's just a steep price for what it is. Thanks for the help tho :) I PM'd a guy, MUSTANG_220, I'll see what his advice is.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Alright man! Good luck!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so i did a bit of asking around, and it seems that the '02 models have the green film on the gauges themselves, which means that simply changing the bulbs will NOT produce the color you want, unless you can find one that when mixed with green, produces blue/red etc. (2nd grade art class says its not possible, but i'm not sure lol) Credit for the bulb size itself goes to MUSTANG_220...
MUSTANG_220 said:
THE BULB TYPE YOU WILL NEED IS A CODE 74-x THE "X" is a digit modifier. I GOT THE 74-xHP3 bulbs because they are the brightest ones offered for our clusters and therefore look the best.

Heres the link the bulb is about halfway down the page. Remember to get the 74-xHP3 bulb and choose the color you want.

Super Bright LEDs - Error Page
It seems that if you replace the original gauge faces with ones that are clear (instead of green) you can replace the LEDs just like any other stang. I'll post when i find out more, at the moment this is all just research, if anyone else has any advice please contribute!! Thanks again

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts