Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and still have found nothing diffinitive. Can you swap out the 4 gauge cluster for the 6 gauge cluster? Is it plug and go? Do you have to take it to the dealer for mileage calibration? Is mileage stored on the cluster? Even some dealers I have called have no idea if it can be done. WTF! I want the 6 gauge cluster with white faces, a boss 302 wheel, and the boss gauge pod! Too much to ask for?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
go to this site, register and send a pm to ed the parts guy. tell him what you want and they will get back to you if they can do it and the cost. i got my 6 ga mycolor through them for my 05. they will have the best price if they can. the mileage is programed onto the cluster as is the vin#. i had to pay a large core charge
https://www.trademotion.com/memberservices/index.cfm?action=login&siteid=214072

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Keep in mind, it is really a 5 gauge cluster. The oil pressure is just a mechanical idiot light.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
not worth it dude, just get an new piller with gauge pods or the boss one that goes onto the dash and fill it in with random gauges.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I got the Boss gauge pod installed (with my brother in law's help).It looks awesome! Prosport gauges,I know they are not the best but seem to be accurate and look cool.A little long for the pod but looks ok really.I just wanted the white 6 gauge cluster and found a good deal on a take off part. I can definately go without though if it is gonna cost to have it recalibrated or whatever at the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats the one issue I have with Ford, cheaping out on the gauge cluster when you buy a v6 base mustang.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The gauge pod was 85 bucks from American Muscle and each gauge was about 50 bucks give or take.They are full sweep electric gauges but are a little long for the pod, but like I said I don't care.Still looks good.The oil pressure gauge motor is a little noisey so I may change it out at some point.Good for now though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts