Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it was possible to change the color of your gauges when they light up. About a year ago I changed my black gauges to white by adding a white faceplate. and i noticed the reason they glow green is because there is a transparent green layer behind the gauges. could I change this to a different color? or would i have to change the actual lights behind it as well? Ive noticed they make a lot of reverse glow's for 94's and up, but mines a 92 GT.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I changed the bulbs to LEDS but you still want white or they will be dim. Some of the green can be removed if you pull the cluster but I forget how much. www.superbrightleds.com if you search the forum there should be a thread from us discussing whats bulbs worked where :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The green is built into the gauges, well (the plastic piece, its basically a sticker.) do they make gauges for a 92 without the glow green?I mean if i put red LED's behind them wouldn't the 2 colors just cancel each other out?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
A red led will only show through a red lense for the most part. You will want bright white it will cancel alot of the green. IDK if they sell clusters without it. I mean unless you did a whole gauge update from autometer or somewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just put red bulbs in tyhe guage cluster, mine looks and works fine. 1990 Mustang GT that hasn't been stock since 91!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts