Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would be a good place to install an oil psi sender on an 89 LX 5.0L for an Oil Pressure Gauge? I also have a Water Temp Gauge and i want to know if i could put the temp sender in place of the factory coolant temp sensor, or is that necesary for the ECU

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Autometer makes gauge cages to mount in the A/c vents. There are two pod gauge cages and 3 pod gauge cages available. The two gauge one still has a/c vents on the side and the 3 gauge one is blocked off.

Are you planning on running electric or mechanical gauges? If it is electric you may consider getting gauges that mount on the left side of the windshield area (pillar mount)

·
Registered
897 Posts
you cannot remove the coolant temp sen,the comp needs it.you can install it in place of the temp sens in the intake.you can also remove the factory oil sending unit and hook your mech gauge in place of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I may be wrong but I seem to remember that there are 2 cooland temp sensors.. one is the ECT which is what the computer reads engine temo from which is mounted on the right side of the lower intake on the pipes that run along the passenger side of the intake. The other sensor which I removed to hook in my mechanical gauge is on the driver side of the lower intake and is screwed into the intake. If I am right, removing this sensor will not affect open or closed loop operation of the computer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have all electrical Gauges, i saw a temp sensor on the intake manifold right behind the thermostat housing, is that the one for the comp?

·
Registered
143 Posts
the one for the gauge has a single wire the one for the computer has a 2 or 3 wire connector can't remember which.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.