Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to clean my gauges because they were pretty dirty inside. I got the whole gauge console out easily enough and cleaned everything up nice. Here's the problem. When I hooked the gauges back up one of the "male and female" black plastic hookups hissed a bit, smoke came out briefly like lighting a cigarette for two seconds and now the only gauge that works is the speedometer. The fuel, alternator, temp and oil pressure gauges don't work. There was some heat at first but not now in that black hookup plastic piece. I'm not an electrical guy and don't know any lingo about it either. My fuses are behind the ac unit so they are impossible to get to. However my owners manual doesn't say anything about the fuses having to do with the gauges. Is this as simple as cutting all the wires and buying a new "black plastic hookup piece" and re-hooking up all the wires? :headscratch:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm attaching a picture that shows the problem areas. I put gray circles around the four potential problem areas. I hope this may help. Again a puff of smoke came out of one of them.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts