Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a pic of the gauge pod and gauges that i finished up this morning. Ive tried everything to make the pod fit better on the edges, but its just not a perfect fit

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks good! Which pod did you go with?? Did you run the wires between the dash and defroster?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
i got the roush pod i love it too!

u talking bout the top not fitting? u should just make a little base trim piece

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Classic Design Concepts 110140. yep the wires are coming through the vents.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The corners dont flow with the dash. What kinda base you talking about

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
ive seen ppl, ive even done this not on that pod though, take some wood, or plastic and make a bast to cover it up.

or take black caulk and seal it, u can tape it off, seal it then peel tape out. i mean just make a base liner lol

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
I replaced my first one due to bad fit (had the autometer pod). Thing would rattle like there was no tomorrow!! Drove me nuts!

I went with the SOS one and have had no problems.

FLD11.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I replaced my first one due to bad fit (had the autometer pod). Thing would rattle like there was no tomorrow!! Drove me nuts!

I went with the SOS one and have had no problems.

View attachment 66750
do the wire go through the vents with that one too?

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Banned
9,214 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
do the wire go through the vents with that one too?
They have two different styles one that uses the vents at the base of the windshield to route the wires and one that doesn't.

I have the one that does.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haha no more air vents! That's not quite my taste, but very unique! :bigthumbsup
The air still works through the vents, you just cant control the direction of the air

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you contact CDC to see what they have to say?
No I haven't. I already painted it. Im going to try the one I bought from AmericanMuscle.com. If i dont like it, I will contact them. I should have made sure it fit first before I painted it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
hey man it dont look that bad when i first seen it i did not even notice i was to bussy looking at the ones in the air vent at first i taught it looked stupid as hell but i thing it might be one of those things that grow on you i thing on secound taught i might like it:scratchchin.somebody that is good with uphoslstrey (sp) could tweak it make it look reall good.let us know how the one from am looks maybe some pics i am looking at geting some gauges.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't know the material tht is used to make them, but if it is abs, even though it is painted, hit the underside with a heat gun and very slowly mold into place. If you go to fast or too much heat it will crack the paint. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.