Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am ready to order my gears now for my 2000 gt. I am getting 4.10s and my car has 60,000 miles on it. I was just wondering what install kit I needed to get. There are three to chose from at gefracing. The most expensive one is like $120. Also what type of fluids do I need to buy for the rear end. Thanks, Dan.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that link...do you all think it would be ok to get the motive install kit but the frpp gears? And anyone on what fluids to buy?

·
Registered
604 Posts
gtrider said:
Thanks for that link...do you all think it would be ok to get the motive install kit but the frpp gears? And anyone on what fluids to buy?
You can use the Motive bearing kit with the FRRP gears. I am using that same set up. As far as fluids, get some 75w-140 Synthetic Mobil 1 gear oil. You can get any brand you want, just make sure its synthetic (I prefer Mobil 1 or Royal Purple).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the98stang said:
You can use the Motive bearing kit with the FRRP gears. I am using that same set up. As far as fluids, get some 75w-140 Synthetic Mobil 1 gear oil. You can get any brand you want, just make sure its synthetic (I prefer Mobil 1 or Royal Purple).

Thanks a lot man. How much of it do I need to order is my last question, then the gears will be on the way!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or at least tell me where I might be able to find this out?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.