Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so I was trying to make the posting a little humorous. :) I set up some gears for a buddy of mine while the axle is out. The pattern loks good with .011 of lash. I figured I would share some pics.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Looks good pattern wise, but I would tighten it up just a little on the back lash. Bring the back lash to under 0.010" but not lower than 0.0065". If you want to do a super job, take a look at backlash variation (difference between max and min backlash between different spots on the ring gear). If it is under 0.002" you're damn good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depending upon where you measure the most variation was .001. I believe I will stick to .011. I hear what you are saying and appreciate the feedback. .011 is dead smack in the middle of spec. These gears grow when heated. I always get nervous about going too tight. With my luck the gears would bind when they get hot. LOL.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Depending upon where you measure the most variation was .001. I believe I will stick to .011. I hear what you are saying and appreciate the feedback. .011 is dead smack in the middle of spec. These gears grow when heated. I always get nervous about going too tight. With my luck the gears would bind when they get hot. LOL.
Awesome, looks like you got the job done well!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts