Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting new gears for my car and the shop i am useing said that they are $257 and with the install they are $688 and i was wandering if yal thaught that was to much or if $400 is about right for install let me know thanks

·
Registered
767 Posts
The performance shop I have do tuning on my GT quoted me $425 for parts, labor, and PCM recalibration. Which is actually $25 more than they told me about 6 months ago when I first asked them.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
05mustang said:
Im getting new gears for my car and the shop i am useing said that they are $257 and with the install they are $688 and i was wandering if yal thaught that was to much or if $400 is about right for install let me know thanks
Way to much dude! You can save a little money if you buy your own gears here:http://www.gefracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=G&Category_Code=46REAR Don't try to let anyone tell you that your S197 take different gears either, an 8.8 is an 8.8. With all new bearings ($120) and me buying my parts, I paid right at about $500 total. Keep shopping!

·
Registered
294 Posts
don't take it in the rear (end)

$688 seems pretty steep to me.

shoud be about $200 for gears and supplies (shims, gear oil etc) and $250ish for labor.

and these gearsets are just like every other 8.8 out there, Mustangs, Rangers etc.

might try an offroad shop, they seem to do a lot of gear work.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree. $688 is too much for the gears and install. If I remember correctly I paid about $250 for the gears and about $200 for the install.

·
Registered
465 Posts
05mustang said:
That sounds like a fair price. I paid around the same at a performance shop. I am in a small town, so not too much competitition around here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts