Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be helpful if people who have had thier gears changed would post a video of before and after. Not a video of the install but rather setting the camera where the sound can be picked up especially when whine is apparent after the install. Post up folks.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure if your ear can hear it the camera should too. Even folks who dont have a before but have whine after would be helpful. I am sure everyones opinion on what whine is varies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I figure if your ear can hear it the camera should too. Even folks who dont have a before but have whine after would be helpful. I am sure everyones opinion on what whine is varies.

Good idea. Not all whines are the same either. I'm on my second set of 4.10s and they whine differently than the gears they just replaced. The previous set would howl on acceleration around 65 to 70 mph and whistle (like a coaches whistle) on deceleration in the same 65 to 70 mph range. The new set seems to be howling on deceleration only. I'm still breaking in the second set but, overall they seem much quieter and livable than the first. I'll try to get some video of how it sounds.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone? :headscratch:

·
Registered
571 Posts
If My car was here with me I'd do it for you in a heartbeat bud :( I' think i know what whine sounds like but not completely sure. when i drive and get to 70, i have to try to listen to it (its not loud at all) but i hear a high pitch hum noise, and when i get passed 70 or lower than 70 it goes away. this would be whine right? lol sorry if thats dumb. Whine noise isnt really an issue with these gears, especially if you have an exhaust setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.