Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have an 01 GT and lately, I have been hearing lots of grinding when shifting gears, Can someone please give me some input on what this could be? I have 138000 miles and no mods. Other than a cracked intake manifold that I had replaces, I have never had any problems with this car.

G

·
Gear-grinding when shifting can be caused by a clutch that isn't fully disengaging. How does your cable adjustment look? How low does it start to grab?

If that's not the case, you may have some worn synchros inside the tranny. That would be cause for a rebuild or an excuse to upgrade the transmission. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Like just said, clutch probably isn't disengaging all the way, so then check the self-adjuster (you can find threads about this), maybe go for a new quadrant and OEM cable, firewall adjuster. That stuff fixed my problem, but it is still tough into second when it's cold, gets ok when warmed up, so that tells me second synchro is shot. 60,000 miles, so I guess time for tranny work. Clutch too. I'm third owner, don't know who drove the car before or how they drove it. Car came from LA area. Probably lots of stop and go driving. No rust though. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.