Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say I'm a foxbody nut and I have had the privilege of picking up an 84 gt turbo, it's all there too!

·
Registered
210 Posts
nice find do you have pics?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first three pictures are of the GT Turbo, the second three are of a 79 that has some speedway decals on the back. I picked both up for a 200 each. I've started my career at a local Ford dealer as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
sweet, good deal. even has a garrett still.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
very nice find!

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Got a couple of nice projects there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thats awesome!!!

You got a GT Turbo and a 79 Pace Car for only 400 bucks!!!!!

Why can't I ever find the good deals.....

·
Registered
645 Posts
Very hard to tell from those pics but you may have a 79 Pace car on your hands. and it has TRX wheels on it too! If you want to, join Four eyed pride, we are real big on the 79-86 Mustangs and the preservation of them.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I picked both up for a 200 each. I've started my career at a local Ford dealer as well.
I think you just started your career as a classic car collector! Dude, $400 for not one, but two rare and sought after cars! You seem to have a knack! There were approximately 3800 GT Turbo's made in 1984. Even better, there were 2400 Pace Cars with 5.0/manual and 2100 with 5.0/auto made in 1979! Good job!

·
Registered
92 Posts
good job! now just raising a question, are you going to restore them yourself, or get someone to do it for you.... its something you need to think about because if you do it yourself you will be more glad with the results.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan to do everything myself, I'm pickin up on the whole body work thing from some guys at work. I just landed a tech position at a local Ford dealer, 4pm-midnight Monday-Friday. I just have to work on paying for my loans and tools, then I'll have money to work on these two. I went to a local Mustang show this last sunday and saw an unrestored pace car that had like 30k on it, it was a very clean car. They guy bought it new, even had tickets to the race back in 79. There are many amazing Stangs out there! Unfortunately someone stole the hood off my pace car before I bought it...pretty sad. A previous owner also took out all the original interior..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Four Eyed Pride doesnt accept Yahoo email addresses for registration, and Yahoo is what I use. Is there any way around that? (I know I could get a different email, and that's it's very simple, but I have no need for two email accounts.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fox81, I'm not sure why you can't find deals. I seem to just fall into deals on Mustangs. The 79 I found when I accidently threw a ball over a fence, playing with my friends dogs in the back yard, and found the car on the other side when I went to get the ball. As for the 84, one of the parts guys at work gave me a heads up on this car one day because he has 13 cars and his wife said "No you can't have more than 13, 13 is your limit." So he gave me a name and number and said it's 200 bucks. I gave the guy $270 total to get it delivered. Ended up getting an extra hood and fender, :gringreen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A deal I scored last year: I was going to college at UTI in Glendale Heights, and my roommate was in need of a car. His Toyota happened to quit on him. My uncle had an 87 GT Convertible 5.0 5spd 82k no rust, and said I could have it for 1500 bucks. I told my roommate I could hook him up with the deal straight across. We went to Kansas with 1500 bucks, installed the fuel pump that my uncle gave with the car, and drove back to chicago. To this day the car has had no problems and it's all original.

·
Registered
57 Posts
good luck with them keep us posted

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Decided to junk the pace car, it had too much rust to try to save, imo. I don't have a title to the GT Turbo, and I'm not sure how I can go about getting one. I have a set of 410's here, my uncle has an auto tran (a4ld or aod?) that has a 3200 stall and a shift kit, combine that with either the 302 or 351 cl engine after I go through one of them and I'd say I have a nice little drag car. I'm not sure what I want to do with this one. Right now I'm doing an engine swap in a 97 F-150..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got everything to finish the engine swap, with some more hard work I might have it done this saturday!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Ummm... Aren't the gt turbos basically non-existent? That would make it a really valuable car, no? I would say that you should rebuild the engine and intercool it. Then you could also have a nice little drag car. But it would also be worth a lot.

Whateves, you can do whatever your little heart desires, if you are going to put a 351 (or whatever it is) in there, you better soup the $hit out of it to make up for the loss of a turbo gt, lol! :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welp, checked out the engine people told me was a 351, looks like I know have two 302's stacked in the garage behind the GT Turbo. I removed the seats and carpet this weekend. The floorboards are pretty straight for the most part, but have some surface rust. No holes though! Just before it snows I should have enough room to wrench on it throughout the winter, hopefully. Gonna stick with the 2.3l turbo. Of course I need to do some research to discover some of the many possibilities I can to. It's going to need re-wired for sure though; nothing works electrically. I picked up an 8.8 lsd carrier assembly for $60 and it's new or like new; it's pretty clean. Then I have a set of Ford 4.10's in a box underneath that. So far just storing parts for when it'll all come together. I have high hopes for what this baby's going to accomplish. I didnt get a title from the guy I bought it from, any ideas on how I might be able to get it titled?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.